Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Oil leak after service visit

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have a September 2016 Model X that I want to keep until cybertruck shows up, say another 3 years. Since I want to keep my car for while I decided to upgrade my MCU1 to MCU2. When I created the service appointment, service added “Reseal Area Around Both Front Upper Control Arm Ball Joints”. While I was at the service I mentioned a shudder when accelerating, my service advisor said I know what it is and they performed “Replace LH Front Drive Unit Clevis Mount And Both Front Halfshafts”.
I came home and the next day, I noticed oil spill on both sides of the front undercover, very small but fresh. I looked under the cover but can’t see anything due to the cover. I created another service call, but it is three weeks away. Did anyone experience something like that after they worked on the front end. I wonder if it is left over from the work, but they should have cleaned it up. We’ll I also found my fuse cover in the frunk, but that was an easy fix.

Attachments

• 821179E7-8A24-4800-B060-3616B9E6FEF9.jpeg
    821179E7-8A24-4800-B060-3616B9E6FEF9.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 80
I can imagine that the car might drip if they'd just been lubricating the half shafts. Clean it up and watch for more, and if it drips much more, I'd start to worry. But not yet. If you are still agile (I'm not) crawl around and see if you can find where the drips are coming from, because it's possible someone forgot to tighten a screw or something, and it's a lot quicker if you fix it yourself. The drips might quit dripping in a few days, too.

Reactions: Oceanwolf