Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Ok...count me in...

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I just received my Tesla Model 3 Performance. Midnight silver, black interior. Been a journey. But like so many, and I mean SO MANY- the aggravation was SO worth it. I’ve had a Tesla (X) before so I’m familiar with the acceleration and ingenious tech. But I was not prepared for this...

Best sound system I’ve ever heard in a vehicle- and I buy NICE vehicles (of course doesn’t mean they have great systems).

Acceleration is all that. Enough said.

Driving is fun. And folks- I traded in a Jaguar F Tyle for this car. 550 HP with that insane exhaust sound. The Model 3 is on par with that vehicle PLUS I have four seats. Awesome.

Tech is ingenious. Took me maybe 2 miles to totally get comfy with the screen as all controls. And Speedo. Just makes sense now.

For those of you that are on the fence or waiting for your car or about to endure an insulting delivery experience- just gut it out. Like nearly everyone that has one says- totally worth it.

And yes, paint was fantastic and body panels very good. No cracked glass. Rocker panels perfect. All good. And unbelievably- totally charged up on delivery (way to go Atlanta delivery guys).

Will I have issues- probably. Will I reverse course and bash heck out of the car and company? Maybe. But despite a rocky, crappy delivery lead-up (actual drop off by third party carrier was great)- I’m pretty happy right now!

• Love
Reactions: Arpe and SMAlset
Took delivery of my Performance model last Friday. Incredible car. Glad I endured the order and delivery process also. Wasn't easy. Marina Del Ray delivery center knew I had to drive 130 miles home but refused to charge the car. It only had a 160 mile charge. For me, the crappy buying experience wasn't over until I had practically driven it off the lot. In my opinion, if Tesla wants to market their cars to the masses, they need to drastically change the buying process.

Reactions: hcdavis3
Took delivery of my Performance model last Friday. Incredible car. Glad I endured the order and delivery process also. Wasn't easy. Marina Del Ray delivery center knew I had to drive 130 miles home but refused to charge the car. It only had a 160 mile charge. For me, the crappy buying experience wasn't over until I had practically driven it off the lot. In my opinion, if Tesla wants to market their cars to the masses, they need to drastically change the buying process.
Yup. I asked the delivery advisor specifically to have my car charged at least enough to make it home, where my NEMA 14-50 was waiting, but it was only at about 15 %. Very iffy to make it home, I had enough charge to make it to a Supercharger on my way home but honestly I’d rather be driving than waiting at a Supercharger for enough electrons to get home. So the delivery guy charged the car enough for me to get home. And I got charged for the use of their Super charger. Kinda like taking delivery of an ICE car and the salesperson asking for 20 bucks from me to fill it up with gas. Other than that great car.