Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Ok, I admit it, I was wrong.........

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
"Ugly black color?", since when??

Hey, Liberace, I wouldn't be caught dead in a white car. Maybe Tesla should offer a gold plated trim package to go with it like Lexus! LOL The only time I'll ever consider even driving a white car is when I'm renting in Miami in July. Also, check the difference in retail values between white and black used cars.... and ask any used car salesman which color moves faster off the lot.

I can't tell if this post is satire or not. Still, well done, would read again.

Could be that TiO2 (white) pigment price has increased in the past 2 years as it usually follows the housing market.
1. Solid white was discontinued in the winter IIRC
2. Pearl white did not go up in price
3. Even if they just decided to eat it on pearl while, solid white could still be offered at a cheaper price, but it isn't.

It it a lot more likely it's just a way for Tesla to up the price without having increase their base price, by taking away the most popular color choice which was free, forcing anyone who doesn't want a black car to pay more. Another way to put it, "Model 3 is only $35K, but only if you are one of the 19% of people who prefer black.". Not complaining by the way, their product, they have the right to sell it any way they want to, just wishing stating my preference would have been solid white. I would have picked solid white even if it costed the same as pearl white (easier to touch up and reflects surrounding colors much less).

Reactions: dgpcolorado
"Ugly black color?", since when??

Hey, Liberace, I wouldn't be caught dead in a white car. Maybe Tesla should offer a gold plated trim package to go with it like Lexus! LOL The only time I'll ever consider even driving a white car is when I'm renting in Miami in July. Also, check the difference in retail values between white and black used cars.... and ask any used car salesman which color moves faster off the lot.

Friggin hasselhof avatar, talking crap about other people's preferences. Acknowledging that hot climates make white a preferred option, while simultaneously insulting those who purchase it.

#WeakSauce

Love the Pearl White on the S:cool:
looks much better than plain White
As long as you don't park it next to a solid white car, specially around any solid colors around (like garage walls), or under street lamps that have some tint to them. Pearl white reflects surrounding light a lot more, so in a garage with beige walls it looks like it needs a wash, but only when a clean solid white is parked next to it (we have both whites in our garage). Out in the sun, pearl white sparkles so it looks nicer than solid white, but most other places it does not. So, I guess perl white is a good choice for Fremont or Denver, less so for Seattle where we don't get as many sunny days.

Hmm... maybe that's why Tesla discontinued solid-white, too much hassle to ensure the pearl whites are not parked next to solid whites. ;)

As long as you don't park it next to a solid white car, specially around any solid colors around (like garage walls), or under street lamps that have some tint to them. Pearl white reflects surrounding light a lot more, so in a garage with beige walls it looks like it needs a wash, but only when a clean solid white is parked next to it (we have both whites in our garage). Out in the sun, pearl white sparkles so it looks nicer than solid white, but most other places it does not. So, I guess perl white is a good choice for Fremont or Denver, less so for Seattle where we don't get as many sunny days.

Hmm... maybe that's why Tesla discontinued solid-white, too much hassle to ensure the pearl whites are not parked next to solid whites. ;)

perfect for AZ
sun is your friend:)
i currently have 5 White/Pearl cars and prefer the Pearl over solid White
when i lived back in the cold rainy midwest all my cars were black or blue.