Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Ok, so are we able to order White Interior Next week or not????

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi All,

As many people have been commenting, Elon Musk said yesterday that Tesla will enable orders next week for AWD and performance. He also said White Interior will be produced in July, but will orders next week have that option available? I'm surprised no one has addressed this yet on the forums, Elon Musk openly contradicts himself within an hour. I'm sorry for being stupid and not knowing how to embed tweets, but this is the twitter conversation:

Elon: "Tesla will enable orders end of next week for dual motor AWD & performance. Starting production of those in July. Air suspension prob next year."

Random Twitter commenter: "Joining the chorus of white interior questions...if you say same time frame I will do a little happy dance right here in my office, film it and send it to you to amuse your guests at the next Tesla Christmas party."

Elon: "I love it too, but trying to keep config simple so as not to blow up the production ramp"

Random Twitter commenter: "Well I suppose that's a "no" on white interior coming up anytime soon. I understand the logic, but it's disappointing given not only how gorgeous the ultra-white is, but also that it was originally scheduled for Fall 2017!"

Elon: "AWD & white interior in July. Air suspension prob later. Note, that’s when we *start* making them. Can’t instantly fill all orders. Will take 6+ months to do so."

So does this mean that white interior will become available on the configurator next week? This doesn't make any sense, first he says white interior will be delayed, then he says July. And he says Air Suspension next year, then says air suspension "prob later" then July, which is super far from next year. What do you all think about white interior availability in the configurator?

Not a contradiction. Elon never actually said "no" about the white interior. His comment about messing up the ramp is more about why white isn't available sooner. You can order AWD, performance, and white next week but those cars won't start production until July. Remember that even the current Long Range Premium Model 3 has a 3-6 week wait from order to delivery.

Not a contradiction. You can order AWD, performance, and white next week but those cars won't start production until July. Remember that even the current Long Range Premium Model 3 has a 3-6 week wait from order to delivery.
How's it not a contradiction? When someone asked if white will also be available, Elon said "I love it too, but trying to keep config simple so as not to blow up the production ramp" (which means no), then in a followup said yes. I DON'T KNOW WHATS REAL :0