Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

OK, so...did everyone get their cars by the end of 2019?

For those that ordered by the cut-off of December 8, did you receive your Model 3 by end of year?

• Total voters
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Ordered car mid Nov. Sales guy said "no problem"......get the car last week of Dec. Most of the above posts are Tesla apologists....Tesla could not do this, Tesla messed up that....all well and done, but I still don't have a car.

Not being a Tesla apologist, and if they said it’d deliver by EOY but missed, I think they should be providing that $1875, but 8-10 week is industry norm for custom ordering a car from the factory. It’s not out of the realm of usual ... would be in the same boat with the other guys.

Believe me, the car will make it worth the wait though.

Yesterday (Friday) my 3rd MVPA with 3rd VIN disappeared from the manage-order page, and inventory matching my white LR showed up within 200 miles, so I called the local showroom at 3pm. It was 8 weeks minus 1 day from placing my order.

(Note: If you go to the Internet Archive, type in the Tesla home page URL, and pick December 8, you'll see the home page clearly advertising that orders placed that day would be available for delivery by EOY in time for the tax credit. So it seems likely they'll want to make up for lost tax credits on orders up until Dec. 8 rather than risk a false advertising suit. This will also give them an incentive to improve their process.)

Result: The car was in the factory lot, MVPA got restored online, home delivery set up for 4-6 pm time slot that day, and they did deliver! Happy day!

Reactions: n8leon
Ordered White/Black LR AWD on 10/26. On 12/30 Got a text ask to confirm to be able to pick up at Fremont Factory next day so I confirmed. Website showed appointment at 8pm on 12/31. In the morning got a call to confirm the delivery and was told to wait for the text message before coming to pick it up. The time on website was not accurate. I wired "total due amount" over. We also canceled plans for NYE and were waiting for the whole day because they requested people to arrive at the Tesla Factory within 90 minutes of receiving that text! But I never received that text... Emailed delivery manager and no response. Now the tax credit has expired and the VIN also disappeared from the order web page! They have my money but failed to deliver as they promised. Even worse: no communication at all since then! Terrible car buying experience...

Yup, very similar to many stories.
I drove to the Fremont Factory showroom yesterday morning, and talked to the sales manager (Mandana)
She was able to restore my VIN to my account, and the car was delivered to my house today @ 3 PM.
Stay on 'em, and don't give up hope!

Yup, very similar to many stories.
I drove to the Fremont Factory showroom yesterday morning, and talked to the sales manager (Mandana)
She was able to restore my VIN to my account, and the car was delivered to my house today @ 3 PM.
Stay on 'em, and don't give up hope!

Did they mention any compensation for the loss of the Federal Tax credit?

Were you able to have them taken off $1875 from your total due?

The guy who delivered it was an employee from the factory who got paid to drive cars to homes on his day off.
He didn't understand how to pair the bluetooth... the car wasn't finding our phones, so he suggested it would work if drive more into the city.
Thus, I didn't bother asking him about finance questions.
I had put down a good downpayment, and financed the rest through Tesla, so there wasn't really an "amount due" today.
He gave me a quick tour thru the software, I thoroughly inspected the car inside & out, signed a few papers, he handed me the keys, and then he called his Uber.

The guy who delivered it was an employee from the factory who got paid to drive cars to homes on his day off.
He didn't understand how to pair the bluetooth... the car wasn't finding our phones, so he suggested it would work if drive more into the city.
Thus, I didn't bother asking him about finance questions.
I had put down a good downpayment, and financed the rest through Tesla, so there wasn't really an "amount due" today.
He gave me a quick tour thru the software, I thoroughly inspected the car inside & out, signed a few papers, he handed me the keys, and then he called his Uber.

Congrats on the new car! How confident are you in getting the 1875 back now that you've gotten delivery?

My SA manually matched me to an inventory car yesterday but I'm still forever vinless lmao

Congrats on the new car! How confident are you in getting the 1875 back now that you've gotten delivery?

My SA manually matched me to an inventory car yesterday but I'm still forever vinless lmao

Thanks, very happy!

99% confident, I have been assured by 2 sales managers from 2 different stores.

My VIN disappeared from my account page twice - or maybe more that I didn't notice. ;-)
Yesterday, my acct page showed my delivery window. (12-2 PM today)
Around 12:30, I decided to double-check the details to make sure I had it right, but it was back to "3-5 weeks from ordering". :-o
I was a bit panicked, and *finally* got through to the Fremont factory showroom at 12:45, and he assured me that they still showed the appointment window, and that "the car is on the way".
The factory is about 25 minutes from my house on a Sat.
The car showed up just before 3.
The odometer showed 24 miles, so he didn't get lost.
Maybe he stopped for a long lunch?! ;-)

We ordered our Model 3 awd extended range Dec 8, with the assumption from their order form that it would be delivered by end of year.

In retrospect, we should have ordered earlier. However as some posters have stated that may not have made a difference.

Unfortunately we ordered online. What's a Sales Manager?

When we finally reached out to someone Dec 30 after not hearing anything, we were told our car was on the factory floor and we would be able to take delivery Dec 31 at our pick up location. Still nothing.

When my wife finally stopped by a sales showroom yesterday she was told car was ready to go at Fremont Delivery center either today (Sat) or Sunday. When talking with Manager Alex at delivery center we were told there was nothing they could do as far as compensating for the missed tax credit. They would refund our deposit but that was it.

While trying to decide today which direction that we wanted to go we received a text saying their printing systems were down and they would not be able to deliver any cars this weekend.

We just installed Solar on our house and were looking forward to doing our part by driving an American Made vehicle that we could charge from our new solar system. I even checked the box about contacting us about the Tesla Panel for battery back up. If it's like the car purchase experience I probably won't have to worry about that call ever coming.

My wife and I pride ourselves in doing business and investing in companies that do things the right way. It's something that we've tried to pass on to out kids. I realize that the folks working at Tesla have been working their butts off over this Holiday Season to make this happen for a lot of folks. For their effort I commend you.

For those of you enjoying your cars I am envious. Some day we may join your ranks. Not today though. Safe travels.

We just installed Solar on our house and were looking forward to doing our part by driving an American Made vehicle that we could charge from our new solar system. I even checked the box about contacting us about the Tesla Panel for battery back up. If it's like the car purchase experience I probably won't have to worry about that call ever coming.

Welcome to the forums and sorry to hear you were not able to take delivery of your car this weekend.

I had signed up to be contacted and tried to contact Tesla multiple times about the Powerwalls and never heard anything back from them (other than to say they will contact me later). I will say, this was during all the PG&E power shut offs, so I'm sure they were slammed with phone calls about questions and estimates. I never did hear back from them. From reading other forum posts, it sounds like the customer service for the Powerwalls can be very area dependent. Just my own personal experiences....

I hope you get your new Tesla soon !!

Ordered performance model 3 in September. They said December 30 delivery but I was able to take delivery December 27. Everything went fine. So much better than any other car I bought. No upselling. Just my car and truly helpful people. I went back to the southlake showroom and the sales team told me what tint company they used on their own vehicles and whether they were satisfied. Another recommended discount tire warranty for roadside protection. Really smart commonsense stuff. They even let me charge for free while I walked around the shopping area because the showroom literally had no vehicles left!

Reactions: dandrewk
Ordered performance model 3 in September. They said December 30 delivery but I was able to take delivery December 27. Everything went fine. So much better than any other car I bought. No upselling. Just my car and truly helpful people. I went back to the southlake showroom and the sales team told me what tint company they used on their own vehicles and whether they were satisfied. Another recommended discount tire warranty for roadside protection. Really smart commonsense stuff. They even let me charge for free while I walked around the shopping area because the showroom literally had no vehicles left!

Welcome to the forums and Congrats on your new Model 3 Performance. Glad to hear you had a great delivery experience !!

We ordered on 11/23 and it was ready to be picked up on 12/16. We got the most basic version of the LR AWD.

Got it in time for both state and federal rebate/credit. While it was a ~$50k car, $3.5k is $3.5k. If I have already decided to purchase the car I would have to be stupid not to try to get it in time for the $$ savings.

Thanks, very happy!

99% confident, I have been assured by 2 sales managers from 2 different stores.

My VIN disappeared from my account page twice - or maybe more that I didn't notice. ;-)
Yesterday, my acct page showed my delivery window. (12-2 PM today)
Around 12:30, I decided to double-check the details to make sure I had it right, but it was back to "3-5 weeks from ordering". :-o
I was a bit panicked, and *finally* got through to the Fremont factory showroom at 12:45, and he assured me that they still showed the appointment window, and that "the car is on the way".
The factory is about 25 minutes from my house on a Sat.
The car showed up just before 3.
The odometer showed 24 miles, so he didn't get lost.
Maybe he stopped for a long lunch?! ;-)

I also talked to my SA at Sunnyvale showroom. They are still waiting for management to review our cases. Currently there is still no confirmation on the next steps.

• Informative
Reactions: Transformer
I ordered in mid September from the Munich Tesla dealers. At the time they had a few inventory cars listed. But they implied I could get a specific car within a month. Rather than take an inventory car, which might have needed collection from Frankfurt or Berlin, I decided to order. I got a good offer from wirkaufendeinauto on my Auris and handed it over.

October went by, my friend lent me her Kafir cabriolet which was only registered until the end of November. But that should be no problem...
Came the end of November Tesla are now saying December 19th for my M3. Ships carrying Tesla's are arriving in Belgium but not mine, inventory cars briefly appear but at least I'll get my car before Christmas and I can drive it to the UK...

I'm able to rent an old VW Golf for 75 euros/week. The Dec 19th delivery becomes Dec20th, that's OK I can still get to the UK before Christmas but Dec 20th then becomes Dec 24th. Which is just too late. I reschedule delivery for after Christmas and get a slot on the 27th December. I fly to the UK and return on the 26th. And finally pick up the car the next day.

But it's still a great car and since December 27th I've put over 4000km on it. (to the UK and back)

The only way I was able to take delivery is cuz I got lucky and snagged a LR AWD that was on the truck to SD and was in the "existing inventory" - my SR order from mid-Nov still open, I didn't have time to wait for my SA to reply and change my order to the LR AWD, so I told him what I did later and he said he would work on canceling the dup order and getting me my $100 deposit back - so far, I still have that order open... and no responses from either SA or assistant store manager lol... maybe Tesla could clean up their system from orders like mine (not sure how many there are, most modified existing order instead of doing what I did Dec 30 at 9pm lol) and... then they'd know better what orders they REALLY need to fulfill...