Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

OK so that's 2 years

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I feel like such a weenie only waiting 1.5 years and yet feeling pangs of anxiety as my Ford Focus EV lease expires in October.
FWIW, I was able to tour Ground Zero in Fremont a few days ago and although a NDA was signed, I can share the following;
1. My anxiety level is indeed reduced after the factory tour. (BTW, There are black and silver Model X hats for sale in the reception room.)
2. The exterior parking lot has non reserved parking for non-Tesla EV's at 110 outlets along the curb outside the factory. There were reserved charging spaces filled with Model S vehicles ostensibly owned by employees with a sign stating Reserved for MSX only. IMO, a good sign!

A Not So Happy Anniversary

If you reserved a Model X more than exactly 2 years ago tonight, you have a higher # than me. Less than two years ... well, you get the idea. I have gone from relieved - more time to get prepared ($)- to indifferent (it'll happen whenever)- to despondent-(could they just blythly push it back any farther?!?) uugh - back to excited and around & around. Have I mentioned lately that I'd really like to have my Tesla? Just wanted to mark the anniversary. ️ML

OK - so Sunday is my 2 year anniversary - one that I am certainly not happy about and that Tesla should certainly not be proud of. Don't misinterpret my disappointment - I still love the company and I'm sure I will love the MX. I just wish they could get their act together, from a design and manufacturing standpoint, and certainly from a communications standpoint.

Last edited:
OK - so Sunday is my 2 year anniversary - one that I am certainly not happy about and that Tesla should certainly not be proud of. Don't misinterpret my disappointment - I still love the company and I'm sure I will love the MX. I just wish they could get their act together, from a design and manufacturing standpoint, and certainly from a communications standpoint.

Yup, so typical Silicon-Valley Start-up! I guess thats the price you pay for bleeding edge technology.

I still remember the message I got from Tesla saying that I will get my Model X in the "beginning of 2016". My reaction was "Yeah Right". I suspect that I will get mine by the end of 2016. Oh well, good things are not easy to get, so I have to put up with it.

Okay, y'all made me do it. I looked up my original reservation date. May 8, 2012. It's been 1,107 days or 3 years, 12 days since then. I upgraded to a signature reservation on January 11, 2013. Since then it's been 859 days or 2 years 4 months and 9 days. I'm not sure if I'm more excited because we are getting so close now or more depressed realizing how long I have waited. I certainly would have been better served to have that money in Tesla stock rather than tied up in a deposit. Still, happy that I did it. I expect it will be a phenomenal vehicle.

Love all your comments - thanks guys & girls. I didn't mean to abandon the thread I started in the first 10 minutes, but my life lately has been mostly about work and (trying to get some) sleep. In part because I'm trying to reduce my workload to near zero in a month so I can get to Bonnie's party!! -oh, and some other related event nearby :biggrin: Speaking of which I would have certainly bet heavily against a prediction that I would attend 3 Teslive/TMC Connects in a row WITHOUT a Tesla! Dirk was right !! Uugh Just stubborn I guess.
One more note, during some of the time I was actively elated in anticipation of taking delivery, a close family member who cares about my well being (as a mother should, I suppose) commented that she worried that if it wasn't that great, I'd be disappointed.
pretty sure that's not going to be a problem.

3 years and a bit for me. originally i was 905 US reservation order number.....about 3 months later figured out I was a Canadian on the US list...and then got moved over but not up...but still under 100 for Canada (so i figure in the first 'batch' ). my wife and i were talking about this tonight, as we were seriously discussing other vehicles (q5 audi hybrid seemed to lead the way, and in the fall supposedly an electric hybrid (with only 30 miles of range on electric rumoured)) then in the end we figured we have waited this long, we at least want to see what they come up with.

Wow - what a whole lot of My Battle Scar Is Bigger Than Yours Is being shown here.

But in a good way!!! You know - as at a Masochists' Convention.

Setting aside the financial ramifications of all this, which for me is the only way I can proceed, I have to think "all of you poor sods. I am probably going to place my deposit next week", which theoretically/TeslaTime-ingly means it should arrive +/- October 2016. That would mean (1) we then would have three years with the Model S; (2) we then would have another 15 or so months of time to prep the payments; (3) that time of year is most propitious for our Alaska/Arizona lifestyle; and, most importantly, (4) TM would have 12 months (+/-) and 40-60,000 vehicles' worth of production experience to iron out real-world kinks and make improvements. Like a 105kWh pack????!!!! :drool:

A suggestion - Bonnie: given your demonstrated history, it is most obvious that the appropriate course of action for you is to keep checkbook in hand at all times and be ready to pounce on Day 0.0001 to be #1 for the Model 3, simultaneously canceling your X reservation, of course. No, you don't need to thank me for the advice.

A suggestion - Bonnie: given your demonstrated history, it is most obvious that the appropriate course of action for you is to keep checkbook in hand at all times and be ready to pounce on Day 0.0001 to be #1 for the Model 3, simultaneously canceling your X reservation, of course. No, you don't need to thank me for the advice.

That won't happen. But I'll pass your most excellent advice onto the reservation holder for Signature #1. :)

You forget who is in need of a Model X in this household ... no way they'd fit in a smaller-than-the-S Model 3.

three pups audie.jpg

Last edited: