Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Ok, so what is this sound now?

fasteddie7

Aug 12, 2016
uniontown PA
If I had to guess it would be ice buildup on one of the louvers. They usually cycle open and closed when you plug in the car. They’re located next to the the fog lights on both sides.
So I'm guessing tomorrow's warmer weather should alleviate the issue and I shouldn't worry too much? They usually make a sound but nothing like that.

fasteddie7

Aug 12, 2016
uniontown PA
I emailed the video to the service center. Hopefully it was just a one off based on weather. Crazy though it didn't do it during those 0 degree F weeks. Hopefully it doesn't happen again so I don't have to make that two hour drive to the service center

fasteddie7

Aug 12, 2016
uniontown PA
I freaking love this company. Email from the Pittsburgh service center, phone call from the Washington DC center, all in response to this post. The confirmed the ice theory, and extended the offer for a ranger if I have any concerns. I’m pretty sure that no other company would come close to doing anything even close to this for a regular guy in small town USA. I will literally never put my butt or my family’s in anything else but a Tesla.

Reactions: Jashev

Products we're discussing on TMC...

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC