Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Ok stupid question -- rear heat?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm convinced it's a lack of airflow. I've taken measurements and reported to ownership. If I set the fan manually to 4, the temperature equalizes and becomes comfortable again. Otherwise it thinks all is well (heat rises to wherever the sensor is, fan speed goes to 2 or 1, and you develop cold spots ... as much as 8 degrees or more from the set point).

Improper airflow may also exacerbate the reported fogging issues...

Done. This way one of the (many) items on my punch list sent to Tesla when I first got the car.
Now that I'm getting a little more time to "play" with the S, I'm finding this recurring theme. They got the big things right but missed on the little things. I get that I'm an early adopter but if I don't complain and air the dirty laundry then those little things won't get priority fixes and others that come behind me (us) won't be as forgiving. Accordingly, DrComputer, when you send a list to ownership @ tesla, will you please bcc- me and then I can look over your list (as I know you'll be more articulate than me - these are computer people you're talking to so you talk their language), groom it for my tastes and then send my own list to the same address? :rolleyes:

We're off right now, and my wife is in the back chilly and looking through the manuals trying to figure out how to get the heat to come out the rear vents. Are we missing something obvious? :redface:

Just tried this (and I think others are asking the same thing in other threads but I remembered this explicit one existed).
You can get heat out of the rear vents if you manually set it to face-level AND WAIT long enough for the ductwork to come up to temperature. It takes a while. But I had heat coming out of mine yesterday ...

Just tried this (and I think others are asking the same thing in other threads but I remembered this explicit one existed).
You can get heat out of the rear vents if you manually set it to face-level AND WAIT long enough for the ductwork to come up to temperature. It takes a while. But I had heat coming out of mine yesterday ...
Same experience here -- patience is rewarded, eventually. It would have been more logical for Tesla to have routed air to the rear with either low or mid-level air selected.