Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

OK The bluetooth abuse is driving me nuts

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi all,

Sorry I don't post much here, and I'm just here to complain now... but the bluetooth abuse in my MS is really getting to me.

I listen to a lot of audiobooks and podcasts thru my phone via BT, and as you all probably know, the audio will resume as soon as you open a door, or hang up from a phone call....etc.
Even if I pause the playback or even exit the application(!), after hanging up on a call, it starts playing again.

I am aware that I could switch audio inputs to radio or streaming, but I'd prefer not to. If I'm on radio/slacker, my phone's navigation won't play, etc.

I get it - they were going for a seamless, nice experience. But If I pause audio, receive a call a minute later, and hang up (all hands-free, whilst driving), that is not an excuse to resume the audio! It should revert to whatever was happening before the event.

Does anyone know of any apps for android that can prevent the car from burrowing into the phone to resume audio that is otherwise undesired?

Sounds like you have your car's BT enabled as a trusted source on your phone. This causes auto play. Try to go to the BT settings for your car on your phone and disable it.

It's not a tesla thing. It's a phone setting.

For a while, Tesla's fix was to forget BT audio was connected when returning to the car. Now that they've fixed that problem, we're back to the audio system automatically coming on when returning to the car, even when it was off when the car was last exited.

These obvious problems should have been caught by Tesla's internal testing - and also by testing by their hand-picked beta testers.

Either Tesla sees these problems during testing and decides to ship the software with the known bugs, or their internal and external beta testing is inadequate - and they keep missing these obvious bugs.

I'm guessing this means nobody has found a decent app that plays defense against the tesla phone grab?

Bob, one other possibility... The programmers think it should be this way, so it is. I've run into a lot of those types in programmers. Deciding how something should work, despite overwhelming opposition