TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

OK.. Where did *that* green come from!?!?

Discussion in 'Model S: Interior & Exterior' started by jhs_7645, Dec 5, 2012.

1. jhs_7645

jhs_7645 VIN: #3305

Did anybody else see this page:
    http://www.teslamotors.com/goelectric
    Screen Shot 2012-12-05 at 4.20.04 PM.png

Is that page new? If they had *that* color green instead of the blueish green that I've seen, I might have jumped on it. What do folks think, just a photoshop job gone wrong? Is the difference to subtle that most might not care?

2. joshuaeven

joshuaeven Member

That looks like the green I've seen in other pics and videos. Very dark, very rich.

3. vfx

vfx Well-Known Member

An owner showed up at or holiday meet Motor4Toys with that color this weekend. He had picked the car up the day before at 3:00PM. It looks black in all but the brightest of lighting.

4. NigelM

NigelM Recovering Member

BTW: watch the pictures of the cars when you scroll down that page. Tesla managed a neat visual trick to look as if the cars are moving.

5. jhs_7645

jhs_7645 VIN: #3305

Maybe it's just me, but the *real* green (on the cars) seems much more blueish, almost a teal tint to it.

6. kendallpb

kendallpb Model S: P 8061

Ditto. I have a metallic green car now, and thought about getting Tesla's green . . . till I saw it. I didn't care for it. But I like many of the other colors, so I still had a tough choice. ;-)

- - - Updated - - -

P.S. I'd've ordered green if it looked like the pic above. ;-)

7. wycolo

wycolo Active Member

Here is the best GREEN ModelS photo I've seen to date. It has low angle sun working its way into the finish. I've cropped it for my Desktop here in anticipation of delivery of my green non-performance (real soon now!!). Btw, that Go Electric green color is totally bogus. Kudos to the OP; have not been able to find thread.
    --

Green-S_crop.jpg

8. DavidM

DavidM P2624, Delivered

You're right. Thanks for the photo. This is the green I remembered from the Get Amped tour. And that's why I chose it.

9. joshuaeven

joshuaeven Member

#9 joshuaeven, Dec 10, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 13, 2016
  10. gg_got_a_tesla

gg_got_a_tesla Model S: VIN P65513, Model 3 Res Holder

Green's quite a chameleon; can appear to be deep blue or black in various lighting conditions.

11. mknox

mknox Well-Known Member

I found the Blue to be like that as well. It looks nothing like the way it is represented on the web site.

12. dadaleus

dadaleus 4GETOIL P85#S70,FdrX,S85D

In the service center I thought they were black but something in the back of my head told me to look closer, upon which I could see the green and blue tint.

13. mshobe

mshobe Member

Just picked up my green Model S today on a very dim, murky Seattle day. (Is there any other kind in December?)

The poster above who said green is a chameleon nailed it; with today's overcast, anyway, it does look black when in motion, but direct light hits it and it carries from a nice "British Racing Green" to a slightly bluish tint, depending on the 'temperature' of the light hitting it. In my own garage under bright white flourescent light it reverts to black-at-a-distance, deep-green-up-close:

2012-12-12 15.57.05.jpg
    2012-12-12 15.57.12.jpg
    2012-12-12 15.57.26.jpg

The more "bluish" tint to these photos comes when my crappy Droid's camera flash hit. To the naked eye, it's a lot darker, overall.

14. DocDog

DocDog Member

Thanks to all for posting these. Very helpful for those of us who have to make a decision now. Indeed, the Green is very nice. Based on what you all are saying, it appears that in most light it isn't quite the British Racing (Jaguar) green which would also look fantastic on this car.

15. joshuaeven

joshuaeven Member

Thanks for the pics. Man! I keep going around and around. Green, blue, gray. I do like those last shots of the green in the garage. It has a really nice, dusky color to it.

16. Robert.Boston

Robert.Boston Model S VIN P01536

I just got my green Model S today, too; taking tomorrow off for some driving and photography. Forecast to be sunny and cold (low humidity) -- good photography conditions to show off the green. I'll post better examples tomorrow.

17. logan

logan Member

The green looks really great in the light.

18. Schlermie

Schlermie P4932 - Delivery: 12/22

The green on the Go Electric page is the standard CGI green they've always had in the design studio. None of the CGI colors in the design studio are a precise depiction of the actual colors on a real car.

19. wycolo

wycolo Active Member

And it is BOGUS. TM marketing division (if they even have one) should be ashamed. Just like that pale grey ILLEGIBLE text all over their webpages <points finger of shame>. :mad:

Now that TM needs to pull real people into this market, as opposed to simply playing to the choir, maybe they should consider a full revamp of their public profile.
    --

20. JakeP

JakeP S P4996 / X P6028

Not sure I would go that far, but I would suggest that now that there are plenty of real-life examples of the various configurations, they could greatly augment the Design Studio with real-life photo galleries of interior and exterior combinations, in both indoor and outdoor lighting.

I really can't wait for Robert.Boston's battery charge to be depleted, so he is forced to return home to recharge and upload more pics of the green, in full sunshine!