Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

OK, which one of you is this?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

dmurphy

Supporting Member
Who's got this beautiful trailer? Saw this photo on another forum and it's just a beauty!!

New meets old. Love it.

138825769_3772628409424890_1585197451206801183_o.jpg

Reactions: designrs
I've thought about doing a Tesla+Trailer trip around North America for a while and this is the first time it's crossed my mind ... do most RV spots deliver enough power to charge the car reasonably fast AND charge the RV house batteries and run aircon and kitchen all at the same time? Or would there be a frequent need to get two spots and park the trailer in one and the car in the other?

I've thought about doing a Tesla+Trailer trip around North America for a while and this is the first time it's crossed my mind ... do most RV spots deliver enough power to charge the car reasonably fast AND charge the RV house batteries and run aircon and kitchen all at the same time? Or would there be a frequent need to get two spots and park the trailer in one and the car in the other?
Take a look at Ohmman's Airstream posts here in these forums. He's done a bunch of research and testing while pulling his Airstream and is the place to start looking for information.

Plenty of power, but the issue is that there's typically only a single 14-50 socket, so you'd probably, depending on how long you're there for, plug the trailer in and then trickle charge the car from a household outlet in your trailer. Or plug one into the TT-30 outlet and the other into the 14-50 outlet.

Plenty of power, but the issue is that there's typically only a single 14-50 socket, so you'd probably, depending on how long you're there for, plug the trailer in and then trickle charge the car from a household outlet in your trailer. Or plug one into the TT-30 outlet and the other into the 14-50 outlet.

You got it. I have both a 14-50-to-TT30 and TT30-to-14-50 adapter, so I can plug the car into either, and the (soon to be) camper into either.

The Surveyor will have a TT-30 connector, so most times I expect to plug it into the 30a outlet, and the car into the 14-50 outlet. But I figure it's good to have a bag o' adapters just in case one doesn't work, or we're limited for some reason.