Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Okanagan/Shuswap area: Looking for 3 SR+ or LR RWD owners

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hey folks,

I'm making an app. I only have access to my LR AWD, but need to do some checks on how a RWD (preferably SR+) Model 3 behaves. Or Model Y? (not even sure if those are here yet).

What's in it for you? I need OBD-II port access to your car, so I'll give you the necessary adapter for free if you don't already have one. This'll give you the necessary port for using Scan My Tesla if you're interested in all the internals it can show. And I suppose I could get you a coffee or fantastic donut from Ratio in Vernon or something :)

Please let me know if interested.

Hey folks,

I'm making an app. I only have access to my LR AWD, but need to do some checks on how a RWD (preferably SR+) Model 3 behaves. Or Model Y? (not even sure if those are here yet).

What's in it for you? I need OBD-II port access to your car, so I'll give you the necessary adapter for free if you don't already have one. This'll give you the necessary port for using Scan My Tesla if you're interested in all the internals it can show. And I suppose I could get you a coffee or fantastic donut from Ratio in Vernon or something :)

Please let me know if interested.
Unfortunately not close enough to help and have an AWD anyway, but interested in the app and what you are building. How is it different from scan my tesla? Interested in other beta users once you have something more functional? Though nowadays I'm not doing much driving, basically have to charge the car more due to phantom losses rather than driving these days :)

Thanks everyone, I'll PM you soon.

Unfortunately not close enough to help and have an AWD anyway, but interested in the app and what you are building. How is it different from scan my tesla? Interested in other beta users once you have something more functional? Though nowadays I'm not doing much driving, basically have to charge the car more due to phantom losses rather than driving these days :)

The goals of SMT and my app are very different. SMT is incredibly valuable for learning behaviours and specific metrics of your car in real time. Without revealing too much yet, my app is quite different (yet uses data I can only get from the CAN bus, thus the need for the OBD-II port). He beat me to iOS, so I can't claim mine is special for being cross-platform :p I'll likely be another couple months as I need to develop at least one open-source component as a dependency.

I'm depending on locals for beta testers (specifically the Okanagan Tesla Owners Club) for now, but I'll keep you in mind for sure.

Reactions: pcons