Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Okay it's next month....where is our smoooooth as silk

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Sorry the planets aren't in closer alignment.

Attachments

• Earth.png
    Earth.png
    231.4 KB · Views: 79
Elon means End of June.

I bet it will come the last week of June.

I am more interested in some advanced features like 'automatic overtaking' and 'transiting between freeways'

So if June is control update, that seems like July would be earliest for these advanced features.. but realistically it seems more like August/September :(

In before the "he meant end of June comments"...

Elon said that AP2 updates would come every 2-6 weeks. The last update was May 6th, which puts the next update at June 17th or earlier.

AP2 updates so far have been 2 weeks, 5 weeks, 2.5 weeks, 5 weeks, 4 weeks and counting...

Hey Nice round up, is there a site somewhere that keeps track of these updates?

I just took my track of updates in ev-fw tracker for my car. But there is a great google drive site that keeps track:

Tesla HW2 Firmware Tracker

If Tesla waits until the end of June to get the next update, then they have already fallen off the 2-6 week update cycle within 3 updates. If they drop an AP2 update without the steering update that Elon is marketing, then it will be July before we get it.

I'm more interested in my damn automatic wipers that were supposed to be here in December and that Elon "hopes" will be here this month...

I just took my track of updates in ev-fw tracker for my car. But there is a great google drive site that keeps track:

If Tesla waits until the end of June to get the next update, then they have already fallen off the 2-6 week update cycle within 3 updates.

I'm more interested in my damn automatic wipers that were supposed to be here in December and that Elon "hopes" will be here this month...

FWIW for your tracker: 17.17.4 and 17.17.17 are basically identical for every one of those bullet points. The only "difference" is some allege that 17.17.17 is less abrupt when stopping for stationary cars but I've yet to see proof that this is more than placebo effect.

If Tesla waits until the end of June to get the next update, then they have already fallen off the 2-6 week update cycle within 3 updates.

"If". Let's criticize them for falling off that schedule when they've actually fallen off that schedule. Not when we're only halfway into it.

FWIW for your tracker: 17.17.4 and 17.17.17 are basically identical for every one of those bullet points.

The tracker isn't mine, it's run by someone else.

I didn't use 17.17.17 in my AP2 release timeline though, only 17.3.2, 17.5.28, 17.9.3, 17.11.10, and 17.17.4. Stuff between that is bug fixes for specific cars or such a limited release that it doesn't count.