Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Okay it's next month....where is our smoooooth as silk

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
You mean like how Elon tweeted on Dec 22nd: "Looks like we might be ready to rollout most of Autopilot functionality for HW2 towards the end of next week"

After that, it was about March when I realized Elon has not attachment to the reality of his development team. How he could consider something to be a week away when we're now 25 weeks past that and still not there? He's either delusional, or he says stuff like this to sell cars and doesn't care about the likelyhood of it happening.

If he can think something is a week away when it's 6+ months away, what are you supposed to do with the information that he thinks something is 1 month or 6 months away? I'll be dead by the time any of the 6 month stuff hits if it follows his 1 week estimates.
From previous reports, Elon's personal car always has the latest build (not beta, the actual development builds), so his time scale is extremely distorted. For example, he had high speed autopilot around November 2016, but this didn't get released to public until end of March 2017 (4-5 months later).

"Safety is always our primary concern. So, really we could have released Tesla Vision and including (18:42) high speed, probably three months ago - I was driving at a high speed personally three months ago, but I think we want to just have an exhaustive testing process, vetting (18:57) process before enabling that throughout the fleet."
From 2/22/2017 Earnings call.
Tesla's Attempt To Leverage Mobileye IP - Tesla Motors (NASDAQ:TSLA) | Seeking Alpha

You mean like how Elon tweeted on Dec 22nd: "Looks like we might be ready to rollout most of Autopilot functionality for HW2 towards the end of next week"

After that, it was about March when I realized Elon has not attachment to the reality of his development team. How he could consider something to be a week away when we're now 25 weeks past that and still not there? He's either delusional, or he says stuff like this to sell cars and doesn't care about the likelyhood of it happening.

If he can think something is a week away when it's 6+ months away, what are you supposed to do with the information that he thinks something is 1 month or 6 months away? I'll be dead by the time any of the 6 month stuff hits if it follows his 1 week estimates.
From previous reports, Elon's personal car always has the latest build (not beta, the actual development builds), so his time scale is extremely distorted. For example, he had high speed autopilot around November 2016, but this didn't get released to public until end of March 2017 (4-5 months later).

"Safety is always our primary concern. So, really we could have released Tesla Vision and including (18:42) high speed, probably three months ago - I was driving at a high speed personally three months ago, but I think we want to just have an exhaustive testing process, vetting (18:57) process before enabling that throughout the fleet."
From 2/22/2017 Earnings call.
Tesla's Attempt To Leverage Mobileye IP - Tesla Motors (NASDAQ:TSLA) | Seeking Alpha

........snip......
That is Elon's dilemma. Do you release a product because the forums are clammoring for it, or wait until it has more development and is even better......snip.....
..... or do you wait over ½year because current customers will brand the product as flakey/unreliable & sometimes downright dangerous - but you deliver it anyway - because the option costs thousands & thousands ... and the extra cash comes in handy. we could pontificate Ad nauseam here

• Funny
Reactions: NerdUno
For fun, Elon's tweets about the browser:
  • Oct 5th, 2016: "When we upgrade the core Linux OS to 4.4, which is probably December"

• Dec 30th, 2016: "Late Jan, along with Linux kernel upgrade"

• Feb 5th, 2017: "Linux kernel and browser update probably a month or so."

• March 31, 2017: "Browser is already a little better. Kernel and browser update in prob 6 weeks or so (lots of underlying changes) with a few nice features."

• May 21, 2017: "Almost there, plus much improved web browser"

• June 11, 2017: "New kernel goes out next weekend, new web browser next month."
If you ever needed a reason to distrust any Elon tweet, I think it's pretty well encapsulated in that one feature.

C'mon people, I presume you are all somewhat intelligent people. Isn't anyone at the point that no matter what Elon tweets, presuming he really is personally sending those tweets, they are just answers and comments, with no real accuracy intended to be taken seriously.

If I had $10 for every time he tweeted something that did not happen as he indicated, I could buy a Model S by now...ok, maybe the kiddie one, but still...

Anybody really think we will have a new browser anytime in July... 2017...????

Clearly he is just "funning" with us...

He's a passionate entreprenur that wants everything to go fast and fly out the factory.
It is with his energy we have these amazing Tesla cars today.
So yes, I can understand why some people are angry about this and him not holding what he promises.
But I'm pretty sure that everything he writes is what he truely believes, but sadly reality catches up with him.

Could it be????

From @fredz

#622Today at 5:49 AM
Seems 17.24.28 was just released for AP2. TeslaFi just informed me (but I am still at 17.22.46).

Software version 17.24.28 was just detected on a Tesla model S75D with Autopilot 2 hardware. The highest previous version was 17.22.46. You were alerted per your settings on TeslaFi.com.

The message came 8 hours ago for me from TeslaFi, since then ev-fw is tracking 1 new German install at a service center. It looks like yet another small rollout, but perhaps this is the one that will get pushed out once the floodgates open.

But for a true wide rollout, usually 8 hours past the first report we will have seen dozens of reports on ev-fw and also plenty of users posting screenshots of the release notes.

The message came 8 hours ago for me from TeslaFi, since then ev-fw is tracking 1 new German install at a service center. It looks like yet another small rollout, but perhaps this is the one that will get pushed out once the floodgates open.

But for a true wide rollout, usually 8 hours past the first report we will have seen dozens of reports on ev-fw and also plenty of users posting screenshots of the release notes.
Very very true.

I got the 17.24.48 release today. Was uploaded by a Tesla Ranger that came to my office to fix a minor problem with my car. Haven't had time to try it yet, had to wait until I got home to activate the install. Release notes are same as for 17.22.46.