Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Okay, some questions after driving for a few days...

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
thanks... yeah I have selected the FSD preview... but it doesn't look like what I see on videos, it just looks 'regular' ;-)
I'll give it some time and see what happens after I have a week of good driving scores .. if it lets me in
I took a moment to watch the standard driving visualization in my 2020 LRMY (my Model Y has radar). The visualization does show oncoming traffic but only if there is traffic in the lane closest to the center line. If there are two lanes of oncoming traffic then the visualization only displays the traffic in the lane closest to me. If there is a turn lane then the oncoming traffic is not displayed in the visualization.

• Informative
Reactions: Bikeman and KFoo
I recently switched from android to iphone and am flabbergasted that we can't order the icons on the phone screen any way we want, so there's that.

Not sure what exactly you're referring to here, but if you tap and hold on an app icon it will give you an "Edit Home Screen" menu that will allow you to drag them around to wherever you want.

Not sure what exactly you're referring to here, but if you tap and hold on an app icon it will give you an "Edit Home Screen" menu that will allow you to drag them around to wherever you want.
You’ve probably never used Android…it allows you to literally position it anywhere on the screen. Even if no other icons are near it sort of thing. On top of that, the widgets are more expansive and significantly better. The keyboard is way, way more intuitive and easy to use (I now understand why so many folks have the “pardon errors typing on my iPhone” sort of thing at bottom of emails; you can actually control the volume independently for the ringer, notification, system sounds, media; easy to search for text on a website page; selecting text or positioning the “cursor” within a text word is way easier/faster; notifications are much better managed…honestly it’s like the iPhone is 5 years behind in terms of UX.

The iPhone has a much better integration into its own ecosystem. Very nice hardware. Pretty good battery life. Better security features. So far that’s all I can see in terms of improvement.

About your iPhone -- I stopped relying on the wireless charging after a few months because the charging connection would bounce in and out and ultimately was useless for actually charging my phone. Waste of space. I bought some Anker USB-C to lightning cables and actually plug my phone in. Eventually I also got a magnetic long arm phone mount to put it a little closer to my right hand, since I often hang up the phone on my phone screen, not the car's screen.
Yeah I'm disappointed with the charger for the same reason and I don't know of a good aftermarket one. Think I'm going to start looking for a good phone mount for my iPhone 13 ProMax, maybe one that attaches to the back of the screen so its right there on the left of it.

Yeah I'm disappointed with the charger for the same reason and I don't know of a good aftermarket one. Think I'm going to start looking for a good phone mount for my iPhone 13 ProMax, maybe one that attaches to the back of the screen so its right there on the left of it.

I'm using this one from AbstractOcean. Pricey, but so far works well, you need a Magsafe case that has a strong magnet on the back.

I assume they just source it from the usual Chinese vendors and you can find it on Aliexpress or whatever. But so far no dropped phones, and the Qi-charging is great. Can hide the cord by pushing it into the lip on the center console and it plugs into a rear port.

• Informative
Reactions: Dennisis