Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Okay, Tesla Lean Supply Chain...Okay (Seats)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm guessing my car being a P90DL demo did it no favors in regards to the people taken for Ludicrous launches and the...generous-ness of their bodies. Regardless, at highway speeds the last few months, I'd notice a deep interior rattle, and over the right bump a squeak. Took it to Palm Springs SC to have moonroof shudder checked, and driver door alignment (wasn't right at delivery) resolved..and a tech rode with me on a bumpy road. He rode in the back, and something made him just grab the passenger seat and give it a SHAKE. Surely enough, it wobbled. My seat had a similar, but tighter movement.

So the appointment to resolve the other issues came and went...but I was told I'd have a wait a month or so for the seats to be resolved because...they're making me new seats. Apparently, Tesla doesn't keep seat PARTS in Fremont, and right now doesn't even keep SEATS on hand in large quantities. But the point is, I'm getting brand new seats. My husband of course, giddily asked if we could have the new ventilated ones but..yeah...no. But yes, I'm actually pleased about this.

I hope it only takes a month for you to get your new seats. My SC estimated it would take 6 weeks to get a replacement passenger seat for my S. That was in October and still no seat and no new ETA.

My SC only ordered the passenger seat, because the drivers seat didn't have the same problem. I'm concerned now that so much time has gone by now that the die lots will be different enough that the front seats won't be close to matching.

I'm waiting for both front seats on my new delivered S in late December (for rocking/loose issue) and the service advisor was very confident it would only be "4 to 6 weeks" for the replacements. My seats are gray as well but again, he seemed unfazed by the discontinued color and said Tesla should have a stockpile of the materials. I'm pretty skeptical but it's what it is... I'm about to reach the 4 week mark.

• Informative
Reactions: MS16
I'm waiting for both front seats on my new delivered S in late December (for rocking/loose issue) and the service advisor was very confident it would only be "4 to 6 weeks" for the replacements. My seats are gray as well but again, he seemed unfazed by the discontinued color and said Tesla should have a stockpile of the materials. I'm pretty skeptical but it's what it is... I'm about to reach the 4 week mark.

Did both your seats rock or did they just choose to replace both seats because it would assure the leather matches?