Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Okie dokie. Installed, inspected, PTO, and turned on. Now, to make the neighbor's house shorter…

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
When we’re at work and it’s just the dog at home, our house uses 400-500 watts steady. she’s a good dog.

That’s 1 fridge/freezer and 1 chest freezer and the assorted “always on” stuff like modem/router/smart things

According to PGE usage details it looks like I never drop below about 360w of consumption even in the middle of the night. That encompasses a decent sized fridge, security appliance, network controller/single bay NVR, POE switch with 2 WAPs hanging off of it, 4-bay x86 NAS, and a bunch of smarthome stuff like video doorbell, and a bunch of wifi light bulbs and switches.

Why do you hate sending power to the grid?

Rather use it for our own power usage. Although I think with SVCE generation we get paid back something like $.06/kWh. We just got our new PG&E December bill but our November usage isn’t on it. PG&E account agreement is marketed closed. Very confusing bill. Guessing closes out our previous account period and will then start our new NEMA whatever one. Disappointed not to see it now but think others said it takes a while for that new one to get generated and sent.

Rather use it for our own power usage. Although I think with SVCE generation we get paid back something like $.06/kWh. We just got our new PG&E December bill but our November usage isn’t on it. PG&E account agreement is marketed closed. Very confusing bill. Guessing closes out our previous account period and will then start our new NEMA whatever one. Disappointed not to see it now but think others said it takes a while for that new one to get generated and sent.

Are you on PG&E or a CCA?

Don’t be jealous. 5.3kWh system in Ohio. On the bright side my electricity rate is $0.10 per kWh 24/7.
2E3A6C88-75DA-4734-8966-75BF771ABDB2.png

• Love
Reactions: run-the-joules
Are you on PG&E or a CCA?

In our town PG&E is the distributor for electricity (and natural gas source) and we get various charges and fees charged by them. Silicon Valley Clean Energy (SVCE) is our electricity generation source, it’s a SFBay partial Peninsula/South Bay/South County cities CCA. Our billing comes from PG&E and our Interconnection Agreement is with them.

I was thinking I'd just get some large poles like they use to put lights in stadiums, and have a motorized, retractable mirror array that deploys above the house late in the afternoon to catch the sun from a higher elevation where it's not occluded, and reflect it down onto the panels.
Check @aesculus, thread on the solar roof install. The first post shows a solar "flower" you can put on those poles.

He's pretty cool, I dunno if he's THAT cool though :D

I was thinking I'd just get some large poles like they use to put lights in stadiums, and have a motorized, retractable mirror array that deploys above the house late in the afternoon to catch the sun from a higher elevation where it's not occluded, and reflect it down onto the panels.
While I wasn't thinking about mirrors on poles, I was thinking of reflecting the sun on your panels at shading times. It needs to be fully automatic though. :)

Great thread. Just psyched i got pto this week. My production attached for my 5.1kw system, 15 panels. No powerwalls :(

Attachments

• Screenshot_20201212-162817_Tesla.jpg
    Screenshot_20201212-162817_Tesla.jpg
    71.2 KB · Views: 39
  • Screenshot_20201212-162809_Tesla.jpg
    Screenshot_20201212-162809_Tesla.jpg
    71.4 KB · Views: 36
  • Screenshot_20201212-162759_Tesla.jpg
    Screenshot_20201212-162759_Tesla.jpg
    66.7 KB · Views: 40
Reactions: jboy210