Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Oklahoma City to Little Rock

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Has anyone traveled across I-40 from Oklahoma City to Little Rock in the winter, shows to be 203 miles. Was wondering if it is possible in an 85 kwh pack without stopping at a destination location.
supercharger.png

Has anyone traveled across I-40 from Oklahoma City to Little Rock in the winter, shows to be 203 miles. Was wondering if it is possible in an 85 kwh pack without stopping at a destination location.
View attachment 447840
What? I think you've misread/typed something. The distance between the OKC supercharger and the Little Rock supercharger is 349 miles. There's no Tesla that can make that distance in winter without stopping to charge part way, certainly not an 85 kWh model.

This section of road and traveling along it in either direction has gotten a lot of discussion on various parts of TMC, here are some relevant threads:
I-40 through Arkansas?
Interstate 40 Superchargers between Little Rock AK and Oklahoma City

• Informative
Reactions: Rocky_H
What? I think you've misread/typed something. The distance between the OKC supercharger and the Little Rock supercharger is 349 miles. There's no Tesla that can make that distance in winter without stopping to charge part way, certainly not an 85 kWh model.

This section of road and traveling along it in either direction has gotten a lot of discussion on various parts of TMC, here are some relevant threads:
I-40 through Arkansas?
Interstate 40 Superchargers between Little Rock AK and Oklahoma City

Sorry, you're correct, I had tagged Fort Smith. Wow, not gonna try that.

No, you own't make it. There's three SC's along that I40 corridor that are scheduled but are yet to be lit up. It's one of the last few unreachable stretches of interstate system that remain in the US. You'd think they would put more priority to these sorts of stretches but here we are...

Don't fret, there's an oasis in the middle of nowhere there in the form of a KOA Holiday in Sallisaw, OK. Call ahead and reserve one of the tiny homes on the West end of the facility & plan to stay overnight to get a full charge w/o cutting into your trip. You can plug into a 50A and sleep in a real bed. We just took an RV spot and plugged into the 50A RV outlet over night and just slept in the back of the car like we did the rest of the trip.

The facility is awesome with a nice swimming pool and all sorts of fun things to do. The newly remodeled bathroom/showers had granite tile, nice fixtures and amenities which was very welcomed. We interacted with the owners and they couldn't have been nicer. The husband's name is Kevin and he's just awesome!

I can guarantee that the next time we pass through we'll be staying even if that SC is online at that point.

Bonus: there's a burger stand just North up the road that has AWESOME burgers and ice cream at an awesome price.

• Informative
Reactions: mociaf9 and MayoOK
I live south of Raleigh, NC and put the address of a friend in OKC in my M3. My M3 has me going up to I64 west and then down I44 to OKC instead of taking I40. This adds a few hundred miles and many hours to the trip. At this point there has to be a very interesting story behind why Tesla is avoiding putting superchargers on I40.

I live south of Raleigh, NC and put the address of a friend in OKC in my M3. My M3 has me going up to I64 west and then down I44 to OKC instead of taking I40. This adds a few hundred miles and many hours to the trip. At this point there has to be a very interesting story behind why Tesla is avoiding putting superchargers on I40.

They're working on it: Supercharger - Ozark, AR

Maybe Henryetta (or Checotah) is next...