Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Oktane got banned - what did I miss?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Okey dokey smokey - wake up this morning and see that somebody dropped the ban hammer on @oktane. Did I miss some delicious cat fight in the night? As much as I disagreed with him, there is definitely somebody on this forum who deserved the hit quite a bit more.

Screen Shot 2017-09-20 at 10.47.42 AM.png

Okey dokey smokey - wake up this morning and see that somebody dropped the ban hammer on @oktane. Did I miss some delicious cat fight in the night? As much as I disagreed with him, there is definitely somebody on this forum who deserved the hit quite a bit more.

Could be for a number of reasons - members get banned (temporary or permanent) due to repeated warnings, reported private messages that were over the line, etc. Meaning, just looking at posts won't necessarily tell you the whole story.

Even though he seems to be an owner, his endless Tesla bashing was getting old. It is unclear to me why anyone who hates the cars and the company would spend so much time every day bashing both. It occurred to me that he could be an employee of an ICE manufacturer.
In my experience, people usually end up banned for member bashing, not contrary views.

Why this subforum (for this post)?
This is the "Model S" subforum and Oktane is/purports-to-be a Model S owner and was a frequent poster in this forum. Showing an interest in the actual human beings who comprise the forum is normal. It would be stranger if we did not ask questions or point out when a frequent poster suddenly disappears. There are humans behind all these screen names.

In my experience, people usually end up banned for member bashing, not contrary views.
I think that is true of a couple other non-Tesla forums that I frequent, too. But I seem to recall the mods of those forums will not tolerate what is considered repetitious criticism, which at some undefined point moves from criticism to trolling. But the bans on those boards seem to be mostly symbolic as I am quite certain most of those folks resume posting under a new posting name.

This is the "Model S" subforum and Oktane is/purports-to-be a Model S owner and was a frequent poster in this forum. Showing an interest in the actual human beings who comprise the forum is normal. It would be stranger if we did not ask questions or point out when a frequent poster suddenly disappears. There are humans behind all these screen names.
I think his point is this is more suitable for the site feedback section since it has nothing to do with Model S.

Anyways more than one person got banned recently (and not only from the "negative side") and from the snippiness thread it's obvious why.
snippiness