Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Old 2013 Model S P85+ gets a new MCU2 and two new screens.

Brycesail

Dec 8, 2018
Florida
I am so happy to give new life to my old Mocha P85+, for $1500 it was a good deal for two new screens and a MCU2. There was a question of how good it would be since I don't have Autopilot hardware, but the snappiness and new screens were worth it. Here is a quick video I made of my experience.

rickyjb

Apr 30, 2017
united kingdom
I am so happy to give new life to my old Mocha P85+, for $1500 it was a good deal for two new screens and a MCU2. There was a question of how good it would be since I don't have Autopilot hardware, but the snappiness and new screens were worth it. Here is a quick video I made of my experience.
great video , have you tried connecting a controller to play any games ?

May 13, 2019
Raleigh, NC
I love the Brown Mocha color, very unique! Nice video, I like all the explanation about the old MCU loads times of maps and the voice navigation demostration and showing the new entertainment screens and feature: MUCH faster than before.

The loaner cars area always in "Chill" mode, so it doesn't matter if you get a P model or not (I kinda skipped over the AP part of the video if you discussed that already)

Brycesail

Dec 8, 2018
Florida
I love the Brown Mocha color, very unique! Nice video, I like all the explanation about the old MCU loads times of maps and the voice navigation demostration and showing the new entertainment screens and feature: MUCH faster than before.

The loaner cars area always in "Chill" mode, so it doesn't matter if you get a P model or not (I kinda skipped over the AP part of the video if you discussed that already)
Yes the found out as I was driving it was stuck in "Chill" mode, bummer but at least I got to play with Autopilot. I still love my old rear drive bad boy P85+, it's so tail happy, but it does eat rear tires.

Reactions: rickyjb

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC