Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Old 75 (5.4 0-60) vs New 75 (4.3 0-60)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The difference between a 2016 to a newer 2017 seems to be pretty significant (0-60 at least). Just wanted to see if anyone has had real world experience between the two and if you can feel the difference. Any other improvements worth noting?

I'm trying to figure out if I should jump on a older 2016 model (10k savings) or wait for a better deal on the newer 2017 version.

Thanks

I have an "old" (March 2017 build) S 75 and I am getting nothing but "holy s..." when I show it off to people. As my daily commuter, I find it more than adequately capable of accelerating when needed. That was the very reason I stuck with base S 75, as I had an opportunity to test drive multiple cars before locking in on this one - I could not justify the extra price for the extra oomph.

I owned a 2015 S70 RWD. The acceleration was great. It was very quick. After a flood loss we got S75 RWD (Aug 2017 Build). Yes, it is noticeably faster. Whether it's worth the extra expense is pretty subjective. Keep in mind also the recent builds have a lot of other standard features in addition to the drive unit - air suspension, lighting package, power liftgate, autopilot 2.5, glass roof, different seats, etc. If the savings is only 10k I'd probably suggest getting the new build