Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Old car, new owner. I have a few questions.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi all, I am new here. I recently acquired a late 2016 Model S. I need new wiper blades. Every website gives me sizes that are not listed in the owner's manual. The manual lists 26 and 20 inches... so why do these other sites always want to give me 28 and 18 (or 19)? Is it because it is a late 2016, after the style change? Or is my manual wrong?

Speaking of the manual, although I can see it in the app, the owner's manual that I look at in the car has no information. I can tap on individual headings, but there is no content. I simply get a blank screen on the bottom, where I assume information should be listed. Any idea how to fix that?

And one more thing (for now, lol). The rear door handle on the driver's side stays 'presented'. All others work correctly. For a while, it would cycle back and forth every time I got in the car, but now it stays in present position all the time. Any easy fix? I am pretty intimidated by the thought of getting inside the door itself; I am old, and certainly no mechanic. I live in a rural area, and am not aware of anyone nearby that operates on these things, lol. It took several calls just to find someone that would replace a tire!

Any advice would be much appreciated.

Best to read the manual from the phone app or from your home computer. Seems like the in car manual has always had issues.

The Tesla site shows the same blade sizes for 2012-2020, and those years have the same windshield. It could be that bigger blades could fit, so that is all they recommend now, after your manual was printed.. Measure your current blades to be sure of that information.
https://shop.tesla.com/product/2012-2020-_-model-s-wiper-blade