Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Old-gen Seats Comfort Problem

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Yep, my experience too. Though one footnote: over last couple of years I've developed sciatica such that more than 1 hour of driving gets very uncomfortable... in every car I drive EXCEPT my 2012 S with the TSB modification. I'm nervous about seats in my upcoming Model 3s. Will they be as good as 1st gen S seats from this perspective?

Go sit in next gens and make sure those are your cup of tea as well. You might be trading one problem for another. The next gens are very aggressive sporty seats with intrusive side bolsters. I love them but a lot of people don't and wish they had the older seats. All in all, compared to say BMW multi-contour seats, both the next gens and original seats leave a lot to be desired.

A set of older seats is for sale on eBay here.

If you need immediate comfort while you sort out seat options try sheep skin. We used sheep skin to cover the seats of a sports car that we drove across North America one summer. The comfort became acceptable for concurrent 10 hour days on the road.

For sciatica problems be sure that your wallet is not in a rear pants pocket. That was another discovery on long road trips.