TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Old Ontario EV incentive

Discussion in 'Canada' started by Terapin, Oct 12, 2016.

1. Terapin

Terapin Member

Can someone please refresh my memory - what was the length of time an owner had to keep their car for the incentive? I am thinking of trading in my P85D for a X and it's only been 2 years of ownership.

Thanks!

2. hingisfan

hingisfan hingisfan_Mark_V

New incentive is one year.... I can see the old one being more than that.

3. Lex

Lex Member

From the old agreement's FAQ:

As with personal use vehicles, vehicles purchased or leased for fleet use must be registered and plated in Ontario by the applicant for a
    minimum of 12 months to qualify for the incentive. Fleets are limited to a maximum of twenty-five incentives per calendar year per applicant.​

4. Terapin

Terapin Member

Thanks very much! I couldn't locate it online - -all old links pointed to new links.

5. mknox

mknox Well-Known Member

Hmmm... when I got my $8,500 back in early 2013, the cheque came in the mail about 2 weeks after I got the car, and I don't recall this provision. I wonder if and how it would be enforced if someone sold or traded in an EV before 1 year???

6. Terapin

Terapin Member

I wondered the same thing. I've had the car almost two years so I am in the clear. Traded my P85D for a 90X with December delivery.

• Like x 2
  7. Terapin

Terapin Member

Hi! Do you have documentation I can provide Tesla? The Lawrence Store is saying they are going to claw back my old incentive. Thanks!

8. Navsarin

Navsarin Member

After 1 year of ownership there is no clawback...at least that's what I researched on EV credits on the Ministry sites. Tesla shouldn't be clawing back anything if you've owned your P85D for 2yrs..

9. hingisfan

hingisfan hingisfan_Mark_V

Unless it was leased.

10. Terapin

Terapin Member

Mine is leased and the MOT is saying it will be clawed back unless 3 years of ownership - however a fellow Ontario owner has traded in two leased Tesla's prior to the three year mark and has not had either rebate clawed back.

In my case, I am buying the car out of the lease and selling it back to the dealer. I wonder if that transaction takes away the status of the car being leased, and converts it to a purchased car, even if briefly. In any case, the Lawrence location is about the have a beautiful low-mileage loaded P85D available shortly in A+ condition should that interest a forum member!

11. Navsarin

Navsarin Member

Hopefully they are giving you a fair value as compared to a retail sale!