Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Old Ontario EV incentive

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
From the old agreement's FAQ:

As with personal use vehicles, vehicles purchased or leased for fleet use must be registered and plated in Ontario by the applicant for a
minimum of 12 months to qualify for the incentive. Fleets are limited to a maximum of twenty-five incentives per calendar year per applicant.​

Hmmm... when I got my $8,500 back in early 2013, the cheque came in the mail about 2 weeks after I got the car, and I don't recall this provision. I wonder if and how it would be enforced if someone sold or traded in an EV before 1 year???

Hmmm... when I got my $8,500 back in early 2013, the cheque came in the mail about 2 weeks after I got the car, and I don't recall this provision. I wonder if and how it would be enforced if someone sold or traded in an EV before 1 year???

I wondered the same thing. I've had the car almost two years so I am in the clear. Traded my P85D for a 90X with December delivery.

From the old agreement's FAQ:

As with personal use vehicles, vehicles purchased or leased for fleet use must be registered and plated in Ontario by the applicant for a
minimum of 12 months to qualify for the incentive. Fleets are limited to a maximum of twenty-five incentives per calendar year per applicant.​

Hi! Do you have documentation I can provide Tesla? The Lawrence Store is saying they are going to claw back my old incentive. Thanks!

After 1 year of ownership there is no clawback...at least that's what I researched on EV credits on the Ministry sites. Tesla shouldn't be clawing back anything if you've owned your P85D for 2yrs..

Mine is leased and the MOT is saying it will be clawed back unless 3 years of ownership - however a fellow Ontario owner has traded in two leased Tesla's prior to the three year mark and has not had either rebate clawed back.

In my case, I am buying the car out of the lease and selling it back to the dealer. I wonder if that transaction takes away the status of the car being leased, and converts it to a purchased car, even if briefly. In any case, the Lawrence location is about the have a beautiful low-mileage loaded P85D available shortly in A+ condition should that interest a forum member!