Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Old order increased price?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I ordered my model 3 LR in March but couldn’t take delivery because of a deployment, and when I ordered it I added the the 19in sport wheels. Well since waiting I found a deal on a set of tire/rims that I liked, so I changed my orders to the stock 18in wheels. After doing that I noticed my overall price only dropped $500 as apposed to the $1500 I was expecting. So after research I noticed I was charged the “new” price for my LR. IMO I feel that should have been disclosed before making the change if that was going to happen!

-Think it’s possible to get that original LR price since my order was placed at that time? I didn’t change the vehicle only removed an accessory.

-if I’m only saving $500 could I just get my old order?

I doubt it, because your order date is now the new date. You could ask, but I would expect to be told "when you changed your order, it defaults to the pricing in place at the time you made the change".

I dont know for a fact, but this is what I think you will be told.

All the documents you sign when ordering and the web interface you used to change the configuration clearly mention that if you change your configuration that may happen. Going back to the old order is not possible. That would be a new order matching your previous specs. For 500$ you should probably stick to this current config. You may try to reach out to your SA but in my experience it won’t change anything.
I don’t mean any disrespect but it always amaze me how so few people take time to read the fine prints before signing contacts.

Last edited: