Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Old School Model Y nomenclature

TomServo

Apr 10, 2014
Belleville IL
I have a 2020 LR AWD Model Y, based on what I have read my battery pack has a nominal capacity of "75 kW" give or take. So if Tesla had continued the naming convention from the S to the Y could I say my MY was a "75D".

mark95476

Jun 21, 2020
Bay Area CA
Remember when Tesla used to sell upgraded battery packs (65, 85, 90)? I'd taken a LR with a 100 kWh battery in a heart-beat. 100D!

They've gone away from almost all customization and are geared towards volume manufacturing. Customers that wait can get all of the latest upgrades for "free" (really, they have no choice).

I have a 2020 LR AWD Model Y, based on what I have read my battery pack has a nominal capacity of "75 kW" give or take. So if Tesla had continued the naming convention from the S to the Y could I say my MY was a "75D".

Reactions: Langzaiguy

Snow Drift

[Off-Road Assist] Activated
Feb 10, 2016
Long Island
Yes. LR AWD = 75D and Performance = P75D

Products we're discussing on TMC...

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC