Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Old text message notification (really old)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Anyone else having this problem? I get text notifications that can be a year or two old showing up. They don't come in as new notifications on my phone, just on the car. Galaxy Note 9 on ATT.

I've seen this a few times as well. It really threw me off. I eventually found that its erroneously showing the beginning of various contacts' text threads even when that particular contact hasn't texted me recently.

I was searching for the same thing and came across this thread. Happening on my MX and the same message from a couple years ago has come in several times. Usually after a reboot or deep sleep. I also have a Samsung phone, 9+. Seems most users reporting this is on a Samsung. I have had my car for 2.5 years, and this only started after my upgrade to MCU2 which I believe all M3's have.

I just picked up my MYP tonight and when my wife was texting me it sent me a message from 2019 that I don't even have in my messages any more (she does because she doesn't purge them). Also got a message from someone I wasn't texting that was at least older than July of last year but neither of us have it in our phones anymore.

Have a Galaxy S20 Ultra on Verizon. Weirdest thing... Several threads from up to a year ago but still happening to us.