Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Old vs New Aero wheels

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

cypho

Dec 20, 2018
USA
I know there are old and new designs for the 18" aero hubcaps, but are the wheels under the hubcaps identical, or are there also 2 versions of wheels.

My 2019 Model 3 has the original aero wheels and I am shopping for a new wheel to replace one that is damaged. I'm trying to figure out if a wheel from a 2022 Model 3 will match my existing wheels exactly, or if it would be slightly different.

Thanks everyone for the replies. I don't know why I didn't think of this before, I checked out the parts catalog which confirms that the old/new wheels have different part numbers. So they are different.

1647441452460.png

I believe so.
Sorry for being wrong about this.

However, I can confirm that the new Aero Wheel Covers fit on both style Aero wheels. (So presumably the older Aero Wheel Covers will fit on both, as well). Also, the new single piece Aero Wheel Cap will fit both.

I know this because it turns out that I was sold the older style wheels with my winter tire package (with new BLE TPMS sensors installed), and bought a set of wheel caps for them. So the tires that came with my car are on new style wheels and my winter tires are on old style wheels.

Last edited:
Reactions: SR-Plus