TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Older 2014 Auto Pilot capable cars. Did yours work smooth? Issues?

Discussion in 'Model S' started by gdrum, Oct 17, 2015.

1. gdrum

gdrum Member

This thread is for 2014 S85, S60, P85 cars who were built with the autopilot hardware but not necessarily marketed as such at the point of the sale. Did yours work smoothly? Thought you had it but turns out you dont? Why? My understanding its just the tech package but has the added sensors, sonar, cams etc. Curious to hear everyones successes. Many P85's on here with autopilot going smooth?

I purposely hunted for a build date to get the hardware for the AP launch but also to help save a few bucks. My 2014 s85 updated smoothly and auto pilot works perfectly.

2. Todd Burch

Todd Burch Electron Pilot

My car started being built Oct 1, 2014. P85, VIN 55228. The update worked flawlessly, and autopilot works really great.

3. Freddy

Freddy Banned

So far nothing has gone wron

4. Nigel16494

Nigel16494 Member

My Vin is 53xxx and I picked up on Sept 30 2014, I guess my car may have been one of the first hand full ever made with the extra sensors. Autopilot is spooky and requires Faith,hope and strong underwear. So far 7.0 is good for me with a couple of comments, Bluetooth again has some issues and creep mode needs encouragement. I think the latter is most likely due to torque sleep. The car actually did seem a bit more responsive, I think some tweaks for the good went into 7.0.

5. Dark Shadow

Dark Shadow New Member

My Vin is 50xxx picked up late September 2014, fully AP enabled, AP is working great when used appropriately, cant get self park to engage though.

6. Nigel16494

Nigel16494 Member

Ok, I thought I was dumb, I couldn't either . Must be user error on my part . I will try again tomorrow.