Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Older 2014 Auto Pilot capable cars. Did yours work smooth? Issues?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
This thread is for 2014 S85, S60, P85 cars who were built with the autopilot hardware but not necessarily marketed as such at the point of the sale. Did yours work smoothly? Thought you had it but turns out you dont? Why? My understanding its just the tech package but has the added sensors, sonar, cams etc. Curious to hear everyones successes. Many P85's on here with autopilot going smooth?

I purposely hunted for a build date to get the hardware for the AP launch but also to help save a few bucks. My 2014 s85 updated smoothly and auto pilot works perfectly.

My Vin is 53xxx and I picked up on Sept 30 2014, I guess my car may have been one of the first hand full ever made with the extra sensors. Autopilot is spooky and requires Faith,hope and strong underwear. So far 7.0 is good for me with a couple of comments, Bluetooth again has some issues and creep mode needs encouragement. I think the latter is most likely due to torque sleep. The car actually did seem a bit more responsive, I think some tweaks for the good went into 7.0.