Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Older 21" rims on new (2022) Model S do fit.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just an FYI, had a set of older rims (21" 9 and 8.5 widths) from a 2015 Model S P100DL, slipstreams if I recall.

They fit just fine on the new Tesla Model S. Drove for more than 200 miles without any incident. There didn't look like there was any issue with the brake dust shields or rubbing anywhere. Makes me believe that the older rims (possibly including the 18" ones) will fit.

Will try the 18" rims next, they were purchased for snow tires and costs nothing to jack up the car and try it - but will need to get the car back from the shop.

Anyone know? I assume they don't now that I looked as the long range Model S now has staggered wheels I think.
“Fit” as in bolts on—yes, however they’re not as wide and not meant for the refresh suspension and handling geometry
The reply is the same as as for the 21".

Cyclone is Size: 19x8.0" and Offset: +35.
New 19" Tesla Model S Cardenio Aero Wheel are Size: 19x9.5" Front, 19x10.5" Rear and Offset: +40 Front, +45 Rear

You can find the specs of both wheels from here:
The Tesla Model S Wheel Guide
The Tesla Model S Long Range & Plaid Wheel Guide (Jun 2021 - Present)

Reactions: dsm363
I posted earlier today, but got most of my answer here. I'm wanting to put the newer 19" tempest wheels on a 2016. Looks like they will work without issue, though might be best with a small wheel spacer.
The pre-21 Model S had a 64.1mm center bore, and as long as the later wheels have center bores that size or larger, there shouldn't be an issue. Anyone able to measure centerbore on a later wheel?
TIA

I posted earlier today, but got most of my answer here. I'm wanting to put the newer 19" tempest wheels on a 2016. Looks like they will work without issue, though might be best with a small wheel spacer.
The pre-21 Model S had a 64.1mm center bore, and as long as the later wheels have center bores that size or larger, there shouldn't be an issue. Anyone able to measure centerbore on a later wheel?
TIA
Center bore hasn’t changed. I don’t think they will work without issue without a spacer. The front rim will be 24mm closer to the suspension