Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Older eyes need larger icons

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I am a 52 year old Tesla Model 3 owner. Is there any way to increase the size of the icons on the screen so our “older” eyes can easily read the icons, specifically across the top such as Time,temperature, etc? (Please no old man jokes, I get those from my kids)
Right there with you. I think that’s a great feature request.

I am a 52 year old Tesla Model 3 owner. Is there any way to increase the size of the icons on the screen so our “older” eyes can easily read the icons, specifically across the top such as Time,temperature, etc? (Please no old man jokes, I get those from my kids)
You are right! Tesla needs to just add a size bar to the ”Display” settings to let us adjust the size of the top row of icons. They are tiny and difficult to see especially under some lighting conditions. A little off the top of the map and car panel shouldn’t be a problem. Let’s get some support going for this, please!

Reactions: ElectricAnt54
We've been asking for this since at least mid-2019 when it was still somewhat possible to happen and get the GUI teams' attention.

Nowadays, with mass production in full swing, its next to impossible to get their attention. Long-gone are the days of Joe-mode like changes going from a request to future build reality. RIP 2012-2018 Tesla customer feedback loop and boutique brand feel.

In 2022.16.2 the regen line is thicker than it had been, perhaps as it was in V10.

Per 2022.20 Official Tesla Release Notes - Software Updates , 2022.20 will make the estimated arrival battery range readily visible again AND adds precollision seatbelt tensioning and green traffic-light chime.

This is all great news! It reflects listening to customers and improving safety.

Reactions: BitJam
Why? If you're slowing down, there are more important things to watch than the visualization.
Why, because it's nice to quickly know how much regen you have available when you let off the accelerator....and that can be extremely variable, or non-existent, with cold temps, full charge, etc... I'm not a fan of guessing how much regen I will get when it's time to slow down and stop, since the dots are impossibly small and dim.

Why, because it's nice to quickly know how much regen you have available when you let off the accelerator....and that can be extremely variable, or non-existent, with cold temps, full charge, etc... I'm not a fan of guessing how much regen I will get when it's time to slow down and stop, since the dots are impossibly small and dim.
I guess you are better at equating the dots to g-force than me. How many g's of braking do you lose per dot?

I should've written "adds more seatbelt tensioning."

Per the owners manual, the existing feature tensions the belts upon impact:

The front seat belts are equipped with pre‑tensioners that work in conjunction with the airbags in a severe frontal collision. The pre‑tensioners automatically retract both the seat belt anchor and the seat belt webbing, reducing slack in both the lap and diagonal portions of the belts, resulting in reduced forward movement of the occupant.

The rear outboard seats are equipped with shoulder pre-tensioners to retract the seat belt webbing to reduce forward movement of the occupant.

Per notateslaapp, the new feature uses forward cameras to trigger earlier pre-tensioning:

This enhancement builds upon your vehicle's superior crash protection - based upon regulatory and industry standard crash testing-but using Tesla Vision to help offer some of the most cutting-edge seatbelt pretensioner performance in the event of a frontal crash. Your seatbelt will now begin to tighten and protect properly restrained occupants earlier in a wider array of frontal crashes.

Reactions: pilotSteve