Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Older Teslas limited to 90kW Supercharging

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I miss Jerome.... But McNeil is pretty BA.
Jerome is still at Tesla in a key role, but yes, I miss him in his former frontline role handling sales and service. Tesla tapped former Model S Program Director and Daimler’s Cascadia GM to lead ‘Tesla Semi’

I think Jon McNeil is doing a great job with service (and appreciate him coming on this forum from time to time). He's been accessible to customers and straightforward.

I have no opinion on Jerome's replacement for NA sales, Ganesh Srivats.
Tesla Hires Ex-Burberry Executive to Lead North American Sales

• Informative
Reactions: ModelX
Spoke with Jerome several times, found him to be a strait shooter and fair. Noe was never made officially anything, as I understand it. It's my opinion Tesla is moving on, and they need to. They did their best to accommodate owners where they could. The party is over, you get what you bought and paid for. Updates aren't going to be retroactive.
I've got a very early car, would love to have all the new bells and whistles but I got what I paid for. And still LOVE DRIVING it everyday. Hope to buy another one before I move on!

I'm sure it is not on the radar. But I'll bet there are some people there who would be sympathetic to a one time battery credit (reduced price) for A pack owners who want to trade up to a later 85 or a 90. That's what we asked for in the first place. There's not that much exposure for Tesla. If they provide upgrade at cost, there's no cost to them, and I suspect less than 100 owners would bother anyway. It would be a good PR move with the longest term (and I'll bet highest referral tree) owners.

Personally, I'd have to think twice. I got a really good pack (knock on wood) with minimal degradation. I would probably do the trade towards end of 8 year warranty if at all.

It'd be a double plus good if they took P85D ludicrous / P90D ludicrous packs that were counter limited and replaced them with a 100 kWh pack (at minimal cost to the receiving owner) and then used the 85/90 packs for replacing some old school 2012/2013 packs for those looking for faster charge rates (at some nominal cost for the receiving owner). Not having Ludicrous option you wouldn't notice the amp limit and would get full use of the faster charge rate and may gain capacity vs your original pack.

What was your original full charge rating?

And curious, do you keep your software current, or running an older version?
The first few charges when I first bought were around 270. Quickly (first few months) it dropped to 265. After a year it was in the 250s. Still is.

I run current software. I realize they appear to have messed with the secret formula from time to time. It is possible that software could inflate/deflate the number from release to release.

Other info: seldom supercharge (maybe 3x per year), charge normally to 80% though I make sure to set to 90 for a week every few months to make sure balancing happens. Car is left idle for multiple weeks several times per year- during which I set charge to 60%.

• Informative
Reactions: SmartElectric