Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Olean, NY - can someone put their eyes on a supposed charger?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

RTPEV

Mar 21, 2016
Durham, NC
I am staying at the new Hampton Inn in Olean (Jack Murphy Blvd) in a couple of weeks. Two different people have told me they have a charging station there, and the second time the receptionist even went outside and told me it was a Chargepoint station. So far so good.

But I don't see anything on Plugshare, and it's not on the Chargepoint site either, so I'm wondering if it's actually powered up.

I know there are other charging options in town, but I'm there for a wedding (and this hotel is where the guests are all staying) and I won't have time to spend at the mall or anywhere else. Plus I'll be coming in with a pretty low SOC and would really love to avoid an out of the way trip to Salamanca to supercharge if possible.

Is there anyone in the area that could put their eyes on this station and confirm that it is actually up? If not, I will have to "over charge" in advance. It would be nice to be able to count on getting an overnight charge at the Hampton Inn. Thanks!

From Tesla website, there are 3 hotels in Olean with Tesla destination chargers; Fairfield Inn, 3270 W State St; Best Western @ 3051 State St, and Holiday Inn @ 101 Main St. In addition, The Hampton Inn on its own website states EV Charging. There is a Supercharger in Salamanca 23 miles away depending on which way you're traveling when stay is done.

Yes, I am very familiar with the area and charging options.

See my previous comments:
I know there are other charging options in town, but I'm there for a wedding (and this hotel is where the guests are all staying) and I won't have time to spend at the mall or anywhere else. Plus I'll be coming in with a pretty low SOC and would really love to avoid an out of the way trip to Salamanca to supercharge if possible.

I am very confident that there is a ChargePoint charging station on site at the Hampton Inn. What I don't know is whether it's actually powered up, commissioned and functioning. Knowing that it is will simplify my planning.

Just to close this thread out, I made the trip, and yes, there is a nice, working, dual-headed ChargePort charger in the back parking lot, fairly well out of the way of prime parking spots (it's adjacent to an exterior door next to the pool, but you can't get in there, so hopefully that will discourage ICEing).

Cost of the charge was $0.17/kWh, which seems reasonable for a NYS public charger. I charged for a few hours at the Olean Center Mall for free, but did end up spending about $10 altogether on charging at the Hampton Inn.

Very good experience, and the hotel itself is very nice too. Recommend.