Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Olmita, Texas (Brownsville) AKA RGV Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Well that’s good news! Long wait I know.

Make sure they give you the correct stick-on front license plate holder. You’re probably safe with the Model Y. I think that’s what they gave us, and it took some doing to get the right one for the Model X.

Reactions: ElectricIAC
Delivery is scheduled for December 17th.

Question - has anyone taken delivery in TEXAS and made the final payment with a personal check? I know I've read in this forum that others have done that with no problem, but TEXAS is a bit unusual in how TESLAs are delivered.

On a side note, I received an email from Tesla with a coupon code good for a TESLA mobile charger or $235 off of a wall electric vehicle supply equipment (EVSE).
I wasn't expecting that...

Reactions: ElectricIAC
That coupon would have been nice!

No, I wasn’t offered a personal check as an option. After considering a wire transfer, I used the Tesla app to do an ACH transfer from my bank. That used the Plaid API to transfer me directly to my bank online, and my bank did the usual 2FA to confirm my identity before logging me in and proceeding with the transfer. I thought it was very slick and secure.

Reactions: TexasBrew
That coupon would have been nice!

No, I wasn’t offered a personal check as an option. After considering a wire transfer, I used the Tesla app to do an ACH transfer from my bank. That used the Plaid API to transfer me directly to my bank online, and my bank did the usual 2FA to confirm my identity before logging me in and proceeding with the transfer. I thought it was very slick and secure.
Thanks for the reply - I spoke with a Customer Rep at Olmito. She confirmed that they will not accept any type of check at their location, all methods of payment must go to Fremont. She also confirmed that payment via the ACH/Direct transfer on their Tesla app usually clears in about 15 minutes and allows them to release the vehicle.

On a side note, received my free TESLA mobile EVSE yesterday - so now I have two. LOL 👍

Reactions: AudreyHTX1
So, a follow-up on my 17 Dec 2022 pickup of my Fremont 2023 MYLR. Payment with the Tesla App worked fine.
Pickup went fine vehicle was excellent fit & finish. No problems.
However, on the 70 mile drive home, had one instance when the Cruise control would not engage. Next day, had a persistent error the Cruise and Auto steer were not available.
Went to the service tab in the app, an the error appeared. Made a mobile service appointment, first available was the 26th of December. Next day they sent me a message and changed my appointment to the Service Center in Olmito. Said the "B" pillar camera had an internal fault. Part was ordered and I should come in on the 28th of Dec.

Later they changed the appointment to the 3rd of Jan. Today they moved it further out to the 10th of January due to a part "transist" delay.

Not happy about it... We're planning a 3600 mile trip soon and this will be a problem.

We'll see...

• Informative
Reactions: AudreyHTX1