Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Omaha Service Center

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
There are rumors of an Omaha Service Center coming. I had heard, I believe, that a sales associate at the MN store indicated that the SC might be up in the next couple of months? Any one know anything about the proposed Omaha Service Center?
My brother told me that, previously, there were three positions on the TMC website, then one was gone, now they are all three gone. Perhaps they have been hired, perhaps a SC is in progress...

Well, with scant (but a bit of) news, I thought I would resurrect this thread.
Looking at the Tesla Motors website map, the ServC may well be located at 55th and Leavenworth. Anyone live near there that could scout out the corner? The map shows the middle of the intersection--is this just "the center" of Omaha or an actual possible location?

Well, with scant (but a bit of) news, I thought I would resurrect this thread.
Looking at the Tesla Motors website map, the ServC may well be located at 55th and Leavenworth. Anyone live near there that could scout out the corner? The map shows the middle of the intersection--is this just "the center" of Omaha or an actual possible location?

Google maps' pictures show it's a residential neighbourhood intersection. I doubt that's where it will be located.

If you currently own a Model S then the service team out of Kansas City can perform any work needed on your car until the service center opens up in Omaha. A technician in Kansas City told me that they've heard nothing on the status of a Omaha service center so take that for what it's worth.

If you currently own a Model S then the service team out of Kansas City can perform any work needed on your car until the service center opens up in Omaha. A technician in Kansas City told me that they've heard nothing on the status of a Omaha service center so take that for what it's worth.

It's been "coming soon" on the Tesla site for as long as I can remember.

I know that there are more Model Ss in the area than a year ago.
I know that I have heard nothing about an SC in Omaha.
I know that my Model S will be "needing" service in about three months, KC is closer than Eden Prairie, and it is very likely that I will have my car serviced in KC (and get an LTE upgrade).

I called the 800 number today to ask KC SC about getting a yearly service in a couple months (in case they were well booked out). It does not look like there will be a SC in Omaha this year, so I can take it to KC for service, or the ranger that lives in Omaha can come and do it (and put in the LTE card to upgrade my service). I asked about the cost of the ranger vs a visit to KC, and he was uncertain, saying he would ask the manager and get back to me. (More to come.)

I called the 800 number today to ask KC SC about getting a yearly service in a couple months (in case they were well booked out). It does not look like there will be a SC in Omaha this year, so I can take it to KC for service, or the ranger that lives in Omaha can come and do it (and put in the LTE card to upgrade my service). I asked about the cost of the ranger vs a visit to KC, and he was uncertain, saying he would ask the manager and get back to me. (More to come.)

I was told that Omaha is a big market for tesla thus the reason for the ranger that lives here in Omaha. I'm also very surprised that there isn't a service center. Be prepared to pay $200 extra for them to transport your car if you don't want to drive down to Kansas City. We have to have ours done in November.

Disappointing in that I was told at some point it was $100 to have them come to service it.
I called three days ago to KC SC but have not heard back (about how much it costs if I don't take it down).
My son and daughter-in-law are in KC, so it will just be part of a trip down if there is any extra cost for me.
I did not think there were that many MSs in Omaha, and that was why the plans of an SC have been (it looks like) postponed.

Disappointing in that I was told at some point it was $100 to have them come to service it.
I called three days ago to KC SC but have not heard back (about how much it costs if I don't take it down).
My son and daughter-in-law are in KC, so it will just be part of a trip down if there is any extra cost for me.
I did not think there were that many MSs in Omaha, and that was why the plans of an SC have been (it looks like) postponed.

I was told that Omaha and Lincoln is a pretty big market by a service tech in Kansas City. We drop ours off usually instead of paying the transportation charge. They really need a service center here though.

I just had my second annual maintenance done in June. They picked it up in Omaha and took it to KC, no extra charge. I do have a 4 year service plan, but not the one that included ranger service. Have never been charged ranger fees, even though it is a ranger every time my car is serviced.

I called and talked with KC SC, who had the ranger/service center tech call me, the on that lives in Omaha. Since he lives here you can have him service it here in town, which is probably what I will do...

They adviced against that for me. They said it'd be best to do a 4 year annual (the type of annual they do for 4 year old cars). In my case it has to be done at the service center but yeah I failed to mention that 1 year annual can be done in Omaha.

So, just to be sure I understand you, the first three annual checks (12.5k, 25k, and 37.5k miles) can be done just fine locally in Omaha but (at this point) a 50k 4 year check should be done at a SC?

So, just to be sure I understand you, the first three annual checks (12.5k, 25k, and 37.5k miles) can be done just fine locally in Omaha but (at this point) a 50k 4 year check should be done at a SC?

From what i remember 1 & 3 year can be done in Omaha and 2 & 4 year annual has to be done at service center. I believe it's due to fluid flushes for the even numbered annuals. We are opting for the 4 year annual due to putting on ~40,000 miles within a year. Tesla allows you to choose what annual you want done. They base it on 12,500/year annuals so therefore 4 year annual is needed per tesla at 50,000 miles. It'll have around 45,000 miles come November. We decided to base what annual to do off of miles rather than age.

Last edited:
Well, I did my first service and added the LTE card. Thadeus, the ranger, took care of the car and me. It all worked out well, all done here in Omaha. Nice to have a service ranger right here and available (most of the time, when he is not taking a car to KC or MN). Sounds like the brick and mortar service center will end up in Council Bluffs because of dealership/service laws in IA vs NE. Unfortunately, I forgot to ask Thadeus if the 2nd and 4th years needed to be at a brick and mortar service center, but I am sure it won't be a problem, with him running it down there for the work if the center is not in by the time I need it.
Very pleased with the "Omaha Service Center" and Thadeus (our ranger) and Tesla.

Good to hear some of the experiences of those without a SC nearby. That's one thing that's been stopping me from buying. CPO values keep dropping, I think I'll pull the trigger summer 2016. Hopefully there will be a SC in the making in Omaha/CB by then as well as more superchargers on I-80.