Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Omaha Service Center

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Any new news on this that anyone heard? I'm just wondering as a Model 3 reservation holder with a pretty high chance of living in Omaha when the car starts shipping. I heard they are planning on doubling service centers so I guess I shouldn't worry too much but it has been 'coming soon' since 2013.

Any new news on this that anyone heard? I'm just wondering as a Model 3 reservation holder with a pretty high chance of living in Omaha when the car starts shipping. I heard they are planning on doubling service centers so I guess I shouldn't worry too much but it has been 'coming soon' since 2013.
There is a ranger who lives in Omaha. I had my yearly service and a month or so later a loose bolt, but with great service by Thadeus. I have no concerns about service in Omaha even though there is not a SC here, there is service for many of our needs.

The KC store brought some cars to Omaha last weekend and I drove a Model X. Awesome piece of machinery.
Anyway I asked the Tesla rep about a service center or store in Omaha and he said one should be opened by the end of the year. But I don't recall if he was referring to a service center or store.

First post on TMC. Model 3 reservation holder here. Got in touch with svc ctr in fremont and they can neither confirm nor deny SC in Omaha, but went to 55th and Leavenworth today, no open spots or closed biz there. Did see a large building at 51st and Leavenworth that could be an option though...currently abandoned and used for extra parking for gerdas and j. Coco. Had to resize for upload limit, sorry about quality. Address appears to be 5166 leavenworth. Might go look it up on dcassessor.or g for more info later.
2017-04-12 09.39.12.jpg
Thoughts?

UPDATE: So apparently this property is owned by Sweetbriar LLC, which is affiliated with Barrett James of Omaha, who is now in charge of American Interstate Bancorporation. Barrett's brother, Lawrence R James II ("Chip"), is a real estate developer in Omaha (Royce Enterprises). A friend of mine who lives a block away from here has stated that there is a very nice classic car collection stored inside this building (unknown to most), and the property used to be a King's Drive In some time ago. The brothers' father who recently passed away in January 2017 (Lawrence James) owns the property next door as well (Gerda's).

Is it possible that Lawrence James Jr has struck a deal with Tesla to sell them this property? Methinks it's not for sure, but surely a possibility.

Anyone else have any input on this?

Well, with scant (but a bit of) news, I thought I would resurrect this thread.
Looking at the Tesla Motors website map, the ServC may well be located at 55th and Leavenworth. Anyone live near there that could scout out the corner? The map shows the middle of the intersection--is this just "the center" of Omaha or an actual possible location?

@ MSEV - was looking into your post about the 55th and Leavenworth and trying to get more info to see if this was just a generic location picked by Tesla or if there could be a supporting neighborhood/biz district to support the specific choice of this location. "Scouting", per your request. :)

I don't really believe anything at 55th and Leavenworth would be feasible, unless someone is planning on tearing down a church.

Couple of options near 51st and Leavenworth (building posted above) or 60th and Leavenworth (old rundown used car shop near the park) piqued my interest, but don't have anything concrete at this point to put faith in this location. Speculation is that it's physically possible in one of these two areas though.

Would the proximity to Dundee and Happy Hollow make sense (people with money buy Teslas, right?)? Maybe...wonder if Tesla does neighborhood studies of currently registered Tesla owners to determine geographic convenience combined with affluence? Doubt it, but possible...I would be more inclined as a biz analyst to put it near the interstate/major road to provide more accessibility, or an upscale shopping area for the convenience of dropping off a car for repair/service then going out to grab a bite to eat or do a little shopping while you wait.

The Leavenworth street location doesn't really make a lot of business sense to me and I wouldn't bet on it...simply analyzing your original post regarding the "pushpin" location referenced by you a while ago.

On analysis of pushpin placement:

* Zip code based? This area is the 68106 zip code, but is at the very northern border, so I doubt the service center was a 68106 location with a centralized pushpin in the area.

* Neighborhood name based? This is technically the "Elmwood Park" area, but again, pushpin is located at northern 1/3rd of area so doubt generic centralized location based on neighborhood name.

No obvious/glaring reason I can determine for pushpin location.

Side note: I'm really itching to see what cars reside in the building at 51st and Leavenworth now. Ugh.

As an experiment, I tried mapping a route in Google Maps to just "Omaha, NE" with no other information, and the destination push pin was put at, you guessed it, 55th and Leavenworth. So this must just be Google Map's idea of where the center of Omaha is.

As an experiment, I tried mapping a route in Google Maps to just "Omaha, NE" with no other information, and the destination push pin was put at, you guessed it, 55th and Leavenworth. So this must just be Google Map's idea of where the center of Omaha is.

I think this is how a lot of the "Coming Soon!" supercharger pins are placed. Tesla just has a general idea that they want to put a supercharger in City X and they put the pin in the middle of that city (or where google thinks that city is). Then people on this forum zoom in and read way too much in to that pin location.

Reactions: wcfinvader
Thank you for responding, and all of the thoughts you put into this.
I think I have given up.
I'm more inclined to believe it will be in Council Bluffs because of renewable energy sources.
But, with FaceBook going down south of Omaha and demanding 100% renewable energy, that wild thought of mine may not hold any water at all (if it ever did).