Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Omar Gosh This is So Wrong

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Exactly my point as most these days see these sorts of headlines and just run with it as "fact" w/o even so much as watching the video or reading the story let alone doing their own independent research to confirm this information. It's just how things are in the year 2020 unfortunately.

Yes, there was recently a parking garage fire somewhere in Europe and the press reported that it was started by an EV (there were several EVs in the garage that burned). It was later found that a diesel car started the fire. These same diesel cars are known to catch fire but you don't hear about it.

See @ 32:50 for more on the story -->

Hard to watch this. Many many code violations and incorrect statements passed off as facts. Its almost a shame that these installs work because as long as it works people will continue to pass them off as correct. I'm not saying it takes a rocket scientist to install one of these, but if you don't know how to install it either do some research or hire someone. More importantly, if you don't know how to install one, DON'T FILM YOURSELF DOING IT and pass it off as actual knowledge. This kind of stuff can cause someone to get seriously hurt.

Reactions: Rocky_H and gavine
That's a beautiful house. Too bad it's gonna be ash shortly after he starts using that charger. I hope he does fix it (see previous comments) because if the "electrician" they called got involved in any way they would know what they were doing was stupid dangerous.

That's a beautiful house. Too bad it's gonna be ash shortly after he starts using that charger. I hope he does fix it (see previous comments) because if the "electrician" they called got involved in any way they would know what they were doing was stupid dangerous.

He'll probably be okay charging one car at 32A but once he tries doing two cars simultaneously, that's when the real problem starts. Don't get me wrong, it's still dangerous in many ways, but not an absolute emergency.

I would love for him to do a video showing how appalled the electrician is when he looks at the job. That would be great entertainment.

Reactions: XLR82XS and Rocky_H
At least he didn't do this:

EQFf55YWkAI9XJd