Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

OMG: digitaltim’s delivery story…

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Why was the pack refurbished at 120 K if you already had the power switch retrofit?

I really never got specific details. The car initially would not let me drive - all kinds of alerts presented on the dash - it then mysteriously cleared. I took it in and they deemed it an "internal high voltage battery" issue and specifically stated it was not the same contactor fault related service addressed the year before. I had a loaner battery from June until November.

IMG_2735.JPG
Awesome update, thank you for sharing that! I apologize if I've missed it somewhere but can you post a photo of your drivers seat with white leather after 140,000 miles? I know it's a different leather than the ultra-white synthetic leather but still curious. Thanks and keep enjoying your Tesla!

Unedited pic from this morning above.

Life has gotten in the way of me actively participating in the forum, but I thought an update was due from a longtime owner. My last maintenance update was the fall of 2016 and since then there have been two issues (aside from routine seasonal tire swaps and replacements) - both repairs were done as goodwill.

- Rear Toe Assembly replaced - stuck and could not align - 7/24/2017 @ 155k miles
- Right Rear Brake Hose replaced due to slow leak - 4/12/2017 @ 147k miles

I just crossed 171k miles, fully charge Monday through Friday given my long commute and still yield 235 miles of range.

This car will last until 2020 (after 8 years of ownership and when the battery/drivetrain warranty expire) and then I am on to the next gen Roadster (unless purchasing it forces me into a divorce). In the meantime, we are anxiously awaiting our Model 3.

Thanks for the update. How is supercharging with your high mileage? While range loss does not appear to be a problem with 85 kWh packs, supercharging speeds have been reported to take a significant hit:

25% slower Supercharging due to degradation

I have not really noticed a difference. We took the car on a ~500 mile trip from Baltimore to Columbia, SC to drop my daughter at USC (go Gamecocks!) last July and supercharged every 150-200 miles w/o issue.

• Helpful
Reactions: apacheguy
Now if you'd had a later car with AP, you could browse the forums while commuting :) :)

PS: Tongue-in-cheek, I also have an early car and don't really believe in AP. Once they perfect it and they take my license away, I'll be happy to use it.