Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

OMG: digitaltim’s delivery story…

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hopefully it will be something simple/easy to fix! Just read this thread for the first time tonight. Love how you've really enjoyed you Model S! Absolutely love that signature red! Are your white seats what they sell as grays now, or is that a signature-specific item like the red?

Hopefully it will be something simple/easy to fix! Just read this thread for the first time tonight. Love how you've really enjoyed you Model S! Absolutely love that signature red! Are your white seats what they sell as grays now, or is that a signature-specific item like the red?

The off-white leather was a signature-specific item. I did the red/white for that reason...and lacewood which is no longer available.

The grey is different (darker) than the white which is no longer offered. I LOVE the white interior and if it was an option I would have done the white interior with nick exterior (or maybe blue??). Sorry to hear about the car. Speedy recovery!

Ugh...the dreaded loud clunk under acceleration @ ~83k miles. I am sitting roadside waiting for a tow to the service center.

The positive? The car was scheduled for semi-annual maintenance in a few weeks. I guess that will get done a little early.

First time stranded by my Tesla...

:-(

Repair complete - "power switch update" performed with this being the most material item listed: S3 Pack Contactor Service Field Repair Kit. I am not sure if that was all that was really done - my car is now getting 265 miles on a full charge. I also updated to the latest firmware.

I will provide a maintenance update after my 87.5k service scheduled for 5/15. In the meantime, I had a paint correction/detail done by DJ Mayo Studios (Northern VA) and a nearly full wrap by Protective Film Technologies (Northern VA) and here is a quick snapshot of the result:

11103083_10155522361460523_5613941421274057973_o.jpg

Last edited:
Repair complete - "power switch update" performed with this being the most material item listed: S3 Pack Contactor Service Field Repair Kit. I am not sure if that was all that was really done - my car is now getting 265 miles on a full charge. I also updated to the latest firmware.

I will provide a maintenance update after my 87.5k service scheduled for 5/15. In the meantime, I had a paint correction/detail done by DJ Mayo Studios (Northern VA) and a nearly full wrap by Protective Film Technologies (Northern VA) and here is a quick snapshot of the result:

View attachment 78922

Looks like new Tim!

Did they happen to mention if reduced range-charge capacity is a sign the contactors are about to fail? I notice you were only getting 253 miles beforehand but were back to 265 miles afterward. Coincidence?

Sig-red actually looks a lot like MC red when the sun hits it.

Did they happen to mention if reduced range-charge capacity is a sign the contactors are about to fail? I notice you were only getting 253 miles beforehand but were back to 265 miles afterward. Coincidence?

The car went from the service center directly to the studio for detailing work. I will shoot a message to the service center.

It is odd. I almost think my battery was swapped. I attempted to inspect the S/N and vintage of my battery and the label is missing. So, either mine fell off with the harsh winter or I got a new battery.

Conspiracy theories anyone?

The car went from the service center directly to the studio for detailing work. I will shoot a message to the service center.

It is odd. I almost think my battery was swapped. I attempted to inspect the S/N and vintage of my battery and the label is missing. So, either mine fell off with the harsh winter or I got a new battery.

Conspiracy theories anyone?

My 60 kWh went in for the contactor replacement with a 90% charge around 176 miles and came out with a 90% charge around 183 miles, which is about the same percentage change you describe.

I conferred with the Service Center. The thought is the process of draining the battery to a very low state of charge (for the repair) allowed the car to recalibrate capacity.

Interesting...

I conferred with the Service Center. The thought is the process of draining the battery to a very low state of charge (for the repair) allowed the car to recalibrate capacity.

Interesting...

Furthermore that would suggest you've had virtually no capacity loss (although the algorithm for calculating mileage may have changed with different firmwares). If so it's a very uplifting report as you have driven quite a lot.

Furthermore that would suggest you've had virtually no capacity loss (although the algorithm for calculating mileage may have changed with different firmwares). If so it's a very uplifting report as you have driven quite a lot.

Agreed - I supercharged twice weekly from 12/2012 through 1/2015. I generally charge to 100% just before my daily commutes.

This morning's charge:

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1429877866.281619.jpg

There have been mentions that the Model S battery likes very high voltage and to be charged routinely full - that was from a Tesla engineer on some online forum.... Your experience seems to support his statement..

I just crossed 90k miles a week or so ago and realized I did not update everyone with my 87.5k service notes. Rockville, MD SC tells me I am their second highest mileage customer - someone has 130k+ - whoa...

Details of my semi-annual service:

- 12V positive jump post replaced
- annual service: wiper blades, fob batteries, cabin air filter and numerous inspections
- sticky frunk latch disassembled, lubricated and reassembled
- charge port checked due to some failed UMC charges - no issue found
- staggered Michelin PS2s installed for the summer
- vanity mirrors replaced due to passenger hinge being broken
- right "signature" sidelight marker replaced due to rust
- USBs checked due to some failed phone charging - no issue found
- right and rear tail lights replaced w/o asking due to water intrusion

Last edited: