Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

OMG gf calls me from work screaming because hail is falling

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Don't think paintless dent removal is no good. If the craftsman is good, shallow dents are removed without leaving a clue there was anything damaged. Just get a clear guarantee as to what the result will be and pay nothing until it's done perfectly.

Aluminum is less likely to produce good results especially for deeper dents. The dent guy should be able to tell you what he can and can't do with aluminum. I had four shallow dents on my Model S, three on a fender and one on the hood, all aluminum, of course. He made the three disappear entirely. The one on the hood he told me he could improve but not fix. The improvement was so good I can only see the place as a ripple when the light hits it at the right angle. All for $150, he came to my house to do the work, and I still have original factory paint.

So give it a try for minor hail damage.

I had an ex wife that stayed mad at me for a week for something she dreamed. And she admitted it was a dream, still stayed mad. Note she is the ex. Many happy endings start with ex.
Yep- totally crazy stuff. I have been treated like I had done something terrible after she dreamt it. No kidding- like, the silent treatment for days. Incredibly painful and frustrating for me, made me very upset.
I'd have marked this "Funny" but as you know, it isn't- and they KNOW it was a dream.
W
T
F???

Reactions: ai4px
You're problem isn't women in general, it's the women you choose. I had a girlfriend like yours once, when I was very young. After that I made sure to choose women for friends and mates who were not like that.

I've been with my current SO who has occasional bad moods and can be irritable when things aren't going right (nobody is "up 100% of the time), but she has never in almost 20 years treated me the way your girlfriend did. I read your post to her and she said her first thought would be to do one of the things you tried to suggest to your girlfriend. She has been in hail like that and hunkered down under the first overpass.

Most of my friends are women and sitting here with my SO, we could only think of one woman who would behave like your girlfriend. That woman is universally disliked by the rest of my circle of friends. The women friends have sat around wondering what's wrong with her. This woman neither of us have seen in a few years and we were more friends with her husband (who is a nice but very passive guy) than her. If we could hang out with him without her I'd be happy to.

Dump her, well unless she's really hot ;)

May want to plot out the Hot / Crazy score, LOL

hot-crazy2.jpg

I've just got a picture in my head of all the things in the future that this woman wouldn't take responsibility for. Wow... everything would be the man's fault. Now just imagine having kids with her. I shudder to think. Great example... my ex is presently suing me in court for unpaid late fees on a doctor bill for one of the kids. She freely admits she didn't present the bill to me until it was 13 months old... and I paid the bill, not the $300 in late fees. She says it isn't her fault.

Someone beat me to the punch... I was going to post the "crazy hot matrix" instructional video on youtube. There are a lot of "fun" girls to date... for about a month. Once her Aunte Flo shows up and you know you're not in for a little bundle of a future surprise, check the box and move along.

As for me... current wife had me at "I know how to check the oil in the mower" and "I want my own motorcycle", just got better from there. Her bike is a Concours 1400, no slouch.

I know that Crazy/Hot matrix is intended in jest, but I don't find it funny. I don't think it helps for women to generalize about men or men to generalize about women. I would agree with any woman who said some guys were jerks, but I have taken friends to task who were trashing all men (usually just after a divorce from one of the men who fall into the "some" category).

Some women fit that Crazy/Hot matrix, but I personally know women who don't. After my first girlfriend turned out to have serious unresolved "daddy issues" I set a rule to never get involved with anyone crazier than myself and stuck to it, even when I was attracted. It saved my bacon more than once.

My current SO is eccentric. She once had a band named Venus Envy and the Flytraps that did humorous covers of 60s hits. Some human emotions are completely alien to her like jealousy or holding a grudge. She comes up with some really off the wall ideas, some are brilliant, and some are hair brained but most of the time she doesn't even realize how far out her ideas are. She thinks it's normal.

However, I wouldn't call her crazy at all. Her emotional maturity and natural moral compass are way off the charts. She's an attorney and most of her attorney friends turn to her for advice with ethics issues because she almost always knows exactly the right answer without thinking about it. Now if she doesn't believe in a rule, she feels free to break it. She funded her college education selling pot and once drove a Corvette in on an empty stretch of highway in Eastern Washington so fast the nose lifted off the ground. (She's a strong believer in social libertarianism, ie if you aren't harming someone or putting someone else at risk without their consent, do it if you want.)

She's also a natural redhead and was head cheerleader and a model in high school who was never asked on a date until she was a freshman in college. When her school played away games she would sit in the back of the bus and read.

She had one in college, a frat boy asked her out when he saw her picture in the freshman incoming class booklet. At the frat party she wasn't drinking the beer because she thought it was swill and told him so when he asked why she wasn't drinking. The date ended early. She did hang around with a bunch of guys from her class and ended up together with one through college but he was too emotionally distant and it didn't last.

She is an odd duck, but doesn't fit that scale at all.

I know other women who wouldn't fit. Having gotten the "all men are" thing from women about things that are not true for me at all, I don't think these kinds of generalizations are funny and I think they do more harm than good. My 2 cents.

Reactions: tranzndance
I know that Crazy/Hot matrix is intended in jest, but I don't find it funny. .... I know other women who wouldn't fit. Having gotten the "all men are" thing from women about things that are not true for me at all, I don't think these kinds of generalizations are funny and I think they do more harm than good. My 2 cents.

Sorry you don't find it funny. That's how humor is some times :p.

As an aside I find long personal narratives provided in great detail out of place on a car forum, but hey to each their own :D

A buddy said his wife said he couldn't have a Tesla. New wife needed. I speak from experience.
Wife said i couldn't have boat. Shes gone , got boat.
Next wife said i didnt NEED a RV. Got rid of her, got rv
Next wife said i didn't need a Harley, guess what? Shes gone, i have bike.
I now have Gf, who aproves of my stable. 3 trucks, 3 cars, rv , bike, boat
Equals happy GF.
Love my S, and my GF.

Status
Not open for further replies.