Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

OMG! Got invited just now!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
But if you wait the car may not arrive in 8 weeks. They are planning on shipping every car they can to USA over the next 2 quarters to maximize the EV rebate. I doubt anyone on this forum who ordered the $70k+ car wouldn't have spent the extra cash on AWD if it was available. Many of us ordered because we're impatient, want to be the first on the block with a Model 3, and didn't want to risk the EV rebate.

But if you wait the car may not arrive in 8 weeks. They are planning on shipping every car they can to USA over the next 2 quarters to maximize the EV rebate. I doubt anyone on this forum who ordered the $70k+ car wouldn't have spent the extra cash on AWD if it was available. Many of us ordered because we're impatient, want to be the first on the block with a Model 3, and didn't want to risk the EV rebate.

If they are planning to send all Model 3 to USA, why they sent invitation to CANADIAN up to Feb 2017 reserves. I don’t understand.

If they are planning to send all Model 3 to USA, why they sent invitation to CANADIAN up to Feb 2017 reserves. I don’t understand.

I think he's referring to the next 2 quarters (in the second half of the year) July to December. So cars to Canada will be shipped before June and then they'll stop delivering here and they try and maximize deliveries to the US for the rest of the year. Hence if you don't get your car now, you'll get it in 2019 most likely

I just got my invite last night too! BC, Vancouver! I'm so stuck, I dont know what to do. The BC scrap it has run out of 6000 incentives for the model 3...I wonder if I should wait until 2019 to claim that too? But also what ive the CEVforBC incentive dries up by then?

Ahhh help guys ;(

Just got my invite, non owner, online July 2017

JESUS.... Canadians who ordered 16 months later are getting invited? That's insane. They must really need to push as many cars to Canadians as possible to keep delivers in the US under 200,000 before July.

And yet they still haven't delivered any to those who configured 5 weeks ago. LOL

Reactions: Blu Angel
JESUS.... Canadians who ordered 16 months later are getting invited? That's insane. They must really need to push as many cars to Canadians as possible to keep delivers in the US under 200,000 before July.

And yet they still haven't delivered any to those who configured 5 weeks ago. LOL
They know the production will be up but they do not want to deliver to US and cross 200k. They might have a set number they want to send to Canada. And they seem to be sending invites to everyone in hopes of meeting that set number

Reactions: pmich80

Well come to Canada, if you wish to pay more to get your Model3. But someone want to leave Trump , that additional reason to move here.

Buyers need to make their decisions to take delivery immediately, take what is available and be assured of the Governmental tax breaks, or put off delivery to get a prefered configuration, but maybe not get the tax credits. Tesla is doing what it can to optimize the tax breaks for their customers.

Seems like white seats and AWD are the biggest wants.

Same thing, both in Canada and USA.

PS. Canadians are Americans too...also Mexicans.

Reactions: Blu Angel