Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

OMG! Got invited just now!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
JESUS.... Canadians who ordered 16 months later are getting invited? That's insane. They must really need to push as many cars to Canadians as possible to keep delivers in the US under 200,000 before July.

And yet they still haven't delivered any to those who configured 5 weeks ago. LOL

I reserved on Aug 6, 2017 and received my email yesterday to configure.

• Informative
Reactions: pmich80
Yes, I was Aug 2017 reservation as well. Decided to place the order yesterday when I got my invite because I think if I were to wait for AWD, I'd be waiting a long time for my chance to order. I think this is just a one time lucky opportunity as they're looking for Canadian reservation holders to take the current configuration so they can delay the 200,000th US delivery to the start of Q3. Jump now at this opportunity or resume your rightful place in line!

While I want AWD, we do have an ICE SUV with AWD and we'll be keeping that until the Model X/Y or Tesla pickup with a range of 500 km while towing a 2000 kg RV exists. If we need to take an extended trip in poor winter conditions, we can always take the SUV.

That said, I do have a small bit of guilt about being so late to the reservation game (I was awaiting reports whether it could accommodate my long torso as well as comfortably take a family of four pin long road trips, otherwise I would have reserved on day one) and being able to configure before so many who reserved on day one, or that first week. Sorry folks.

Reactions: IdaX
Yes, I was Aug 2017 reservation as well. Decided to place the order yesterday ...

That said, I do have a small bit of guilt about being so late to the reservation game (I was awaiting reports whether it could accommodate my long torso as well as comfortably take a family of four pin long road trips, otherwise I would have reserved on day one) and being able to configure before so many who reserved on day one, or that first week. Sorry folks.

And winner of "Most Canadian" post this week goes to... :D

• Funny
Reactions: Pescakl1 and bpjod
Yes, I was Aug 2017 reservation as well. Decided to place the order yesterday when I got my invite because I think if I were to wait for AWD, I'd be waiting a long time for my chance to order. I think this is just a one time lucky opportunity as they're looking for Canadian reservation holders to take the current configuration so they can delay the 200,000th US delivery to the start of Q3. Jump now at this opportunity or resume your rightful place in line!

While I want AWD, we do have an ICE SUV with AWD and we'll be keeping that until the Model X/Y or Tesla pickup with a range of 500 km while towing a 2000 kg RV exists. If we need to take an extended trip in poor winter conditions, we can always take the SUV.

Yes. Exactly similar situation for me. I have a RX350 with winter tires. I will not worry extreme winter weather for AWD. Not placing order will risk not getting my lovely model 3 until late 2018, plus losing my Ontario generous 14000 rebate.

BTW, I put my order with mid night silver and EAP.

Looks like they've nearly gone through the whole Canadian waiting list. I suspect they will have to open up AWD very soon to entice more Canadian orders before July 1.

Not sure about that!
Tesla would probably open up International orders for rear drive TM3's before committing to AWD

That goes against Elon saying they would not produce AWD until they hit a 5000 car per week runrate which he thought would happen in July 2018. Gotta put the year because "Elontime".

Correcto-Mundo!
5000 weekly production not before July 1st, 2018

I believe Tesla is doing its utmost to NOT produce its 200,000 Tesla for the US market before July 1st.
This will result in the most American buyers getting the $7,500 US federal EV rebate