TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

OMG, I feel embarrassed with my Tesla

Discussion in 'Model S: User Interface' started by dark, Jun 25, 2015.

1. dark

dark Member

When you open the door, the music partially MUTE automatically in the tesla right. Well, it failed to function yesterday.

I was picking up my girls, parked at the curb in front of the school. Went inside the school office, picked up my girls, and came back to the car as usual.

I opened the rear passenger door from the curb side as usual, this time my music was not partially MUTE, it was in almost FULL volume.

The worse part was my girls were arguing at the curb and they won't get in to the car. All the parents were looking at me, I was standing there for like over a minute, trying to get the girls inside so I can close the stupid door and shut the music.

It was embarrassing.

2. deonb

deonb Active Member

At least you were not playing Justin Bieber... or where you?

3. mzpolo

mzpolo Member

Come on now....

Was it Right Said Fred? I'm too sexy

4. Zextraterrestrial

NWA?

Rick Astley?

5. dark

dark Member

Arr... I like Right Said Fred, I'm too sexy.. totally forgot about this song. It was so loud, I didn't pay attention with the song, I just wanted to shut the door. I think I had Britney Spears, I forgot...haha

6. Skotty

Skotty 2014 Model S P85

Was there someone else in the car? They couldn't turn the music down? Or did you leave your car running unattended in front of a school? Why not turn it down yourself before leaving the car so it's not sitting outside empty with loud music playing? This thread confuses me.

7. siucity

siucity Button Pusher

If you're playing off Slacker, it'll continue playing when you return to the car and open any door. Maybe there's an option to disable the autoplay? I haven't looked into that on my car.

8. Ugliest1

Ugliest1 S85: "Sparky"

??? Within a few seconds of the driver leaving the seat, the Model S shuts down and there's nothing "left running". Opening a door wakes most things up again, including the music.

9. siucity

siucity Button Pusher

Yeah I think playing Britney full volume is high on the embarrassment chart. :biggrin:

10. Lump

Lump Active Member

Friends at my sons school were quick to notice a stuck door handle that wouldn't retract & another time the charge port door open because the magnet became unglued...embarrassing for me & Tesla (school has plenty of potential buyers).

11. Skotty

Skotty 2014 Model S P85

Thanks for the explanation. Now I get it. Sorry, I'm used to average cars where nothing turns on until you either turn a key or push a button.

12. dark

dark Member

Ya, Tesla doesn't work that way, when you open any door, the AC, Music are "ON". Except that the Music should be partially MUTE until your butt is on the driver seat and all doors are shut.

the auto partial MUTE for some reason, it didn't work.

13. tinm

tinm 2013 S85 Owner

Funny, I have never noticed this "feature" in my Model S. I'm just learning about it now! :)

As a habit in every car I've ever driven, I always always turn the music or radio or whatever down or even off before I stop the car and open the door to get out. So the OP's kind of situation would never occur.

14. NOLA_Mike

NOLA_Mike Active Member

That's probably why the girls wouldn't get in the car - they were too embarrassed and were acting like they didn't know you...:biggrin:

15. Mr X

Mr X Future Owner

Play good music and you'll never feel embarrassed!

16. manis

manis Member

This was what I was going to play when I pick up my P85D next week. Then I remembered him saying "I'm too sexy for my car" and that just seemed like a massive lie. Now what am I going to play!!! :p

17. siucity

siucity Button Pusher

Blast some N'Sync "Bye, Bye, Bye" and dedicate that to your ICE. I promise that won't be embarrassing to play at full volume.

18. Todd Burch

Todd Burch Electron Pilot

FWIW, if you pause the music, it should stay paused (it used to). However, if the car goes to sleep, it will start playing the music again after it wakes up. This is a bug that has not yet been fixed in 6.2. The partial mute issue could be related.

The issue with Slacker continuing to play is almost the same bug.

19. TES-E

TES-E Member

Didn't I read somewhere that it only partially mutes if you open the DRIVER'S door? That's the way mine seems to work, although in honesty I have not tested it extensivly.

20. Krugerrand

Krugerrand Active Member

Sounded like the perfect time to 'dance like nobody was watching'. *shrug*