Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

OMG! My Tesla Model S P100D Was Involved(*) In a Car Fire!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
OK, OK, so this is what I wrote when I posted two car fire pics in the tesla moments threadJ:

-----

What are the odds that I'd personally witness a car fire... a car fire near my own home... while I'm in the S and the wife has the Prius... an embarrassing amount of time elapsed before it even occurred to me to take a picture of the car on fire... thinking, I should post this on TMC, yet another ICE fire, so unreasonable that the few Tesla fires have gotten so much attention all out of proportion to their frequency versus ICE fires... more time elapsed... you know, if I'm going to post it on TMC, wouldn't it be cool to have my car in the foreground... more pictures from unthinking angles... finally, FINALLY, it occurred to me... hey! if I take the picture from the right angle, I can also catch the decal in the corner of the picture! So, I haven't gotten any smarter but I had enough time available to partially compensate. :)

-----

Like the raffle itself (publicize carbon pricing / carbon pricing in MA, publicize MA legislation for same, attention for particular senators and reps and for CXC, finally fundraising, in that order), for me this thread wound up doing multi-duty. Take a shot at some overly-serious safety/fire threads, show a real live fire happening NEAR a real live Tesla, catch the raffle decal in the corner. Oh, and let's not overlook the awesome wit and humor, all available for the low low price of free! :)

So far only one reader harmed enough to emit a gasp of pain, and that one only very lightly, so I think I'm ahead of the game so far. :)

Alan