Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

OMG that truck is fugly!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
This is like Hummer all over again, it screams "LOOK AT ME!!!" and in an era where Tesla owners are either getting coal rolled, blocked at chargers, road-raged or vandalized I think the worst thing Elon could've done is gone on and on about how "bulletproof" it is. To me it just gives one more reason for ICE-holes to want to trash your vehicle.

The biggest flaw I see with this truck (besides it's looks) is Tesla's less than stellar build and reliability overall right now. I mean, a pickup truck serves a much bigger role in many people's jobs. If it breaks down, needs to go in for service or worse gets in an accident...truck owners can't simply get around via Uber when they use their truck for lumber, tools, building materials, etc. That is why Ford, GMC, etc. always advertise how tough they are built, and how reliable they are after X amount of miles, not to mention always have these huge chrome bumpers. Unless Tesla really turns it around by 2021 with their customer service, repair times, loaner options, etc. truck buyers are the types that won't hesitate to go back to ICE or even to a Rivian or F150 EV.

My gut tells me this will be nothing more than a vanity project, and when Elon sees the huge sales of the Rivian and F150 EV he'll get a more Tesla-like truck out to the public.

The pics do not paint an accurate picture of its size. Folks that hater it should check out test rides videos, see how it looks from ground level and with people next to it.
Cool factor wise, it beats the Roadster 2020. It's still somewhat strange but it's imposing and bada$$.
I watched a couple test videos. Those people in the videos are not 'truck' owners. Whatever the 'size' is... it's 232 inches long. It is basically the exact same height, width and length of an F150 supercrew with the 6.5 bed. A Chevy Suburban is 225 inches long. I hope these current non-truck owners understand what they are getting into.

• Informative
Reactions: Reeler
This is like Hummer all over again, it screams "LOOK AT ME!!!" and in an era where Tesla owners are either getting coal rolled, blocked at chargers, road-raged or vandalized I think the worst thing Elon could've done is gone on and on about how "bulletproof" it is. To me it just gives one more reason for ICE-holes to want to trash your vehicle.

The biggest flaw I see with this truck (besides it's looks) is Tesla's less than stellar build and reliability overall right now. I mean, a pickup truck serves a much bigger role in many people's jobs. If it breaks down, needs to go in for service or worse gets in an accident...truck owners can't simply get around via Uber when they use their truck for lumber, tools, building materials, etc. That is why Ford, GMC, etc. always advertise how tough they are built, and how reliable they are after X amount of miles, not to mention always have these huge chrome bumpers. Unless Tesla really turns it around by 2021 with their customer service, repair times, loaner options, etc. truck buyers are the types that won't hesitate to go back to ICE or even to a Rivian or F150 EV.

My gut tells me this will be nothing more than a vanity project, and when Elon sees the huge sales of the Rivian and F150 EV he'll get a more Tesla-like truck out to the public.

Blah you sound like me the last 3 years. The last time I had a cracked windshield and called insurance/glass replace around 8am... by 1pm it was replaced at my workplace.
Durability is great, but it's not about how it likely won't break, it's about how long it takes for repairs. Was society clamoring for a bullet proof truck?

There is a small segment of mid-life crises truck buyers who might put down money on this. The truck bed is inaccessible from the side to make it a good work truck. Might sell as a roller for the RV market with that towing range.

Gah I missed that. Looking at the image... yea there's no way you can get in from the side.
I am not a big fan of side-step attachments.

Reactions: Reeler
Why couldn't it be something more like this shape?
truckt.jpg

I'm having a hard time seeing who his target audience is with that design. I live in Washington state and as anyone that lives here will tell you we have a very large concentration of trucks here. There are so many pavement princess drivers that I don't see them buying something as radical as this departure from the normal red neck 100 year old design that is so prevalent in all brands of full size trucks. As a fan of tesla I can appreciate his future forward thinking design but I'm still on the fence.

Well to me. All current pickup trucks are ugly. I thought I wouldn’t have one.

Until Cybertruck came. Most American buy truck for fun. They could just rent a uHaul for occasions , but they don’t. Aren’t they? I say most not ALL.