Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

OMG that truck is fugly!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Agreed; there does seem to be a How-the-future-looks-from-the-80s vibe:

hollywood-dream-machines-01.jpg

Reactions: pk44FG
Definitely a style that's not for everyone. Reminds me of the comments of the M3 front snout when it first came out.
I think this design is appealing to the younger crowd that want to go electric, need a tough truck that blows away the competition at as very reasonable entry price point.
Time will tell.

Reactions: cucubits
Definitely a style that's not for everyone. Reminds me of the comments of the M3 front snout when it first came out.
I think this design is appealing to the younger crowd that want to go electric, need a tough truck that blows away the competition at as very reasonable entry price point.
Time will tell.

I won't say it's appealing to the young - quite the opposite given the Back To The Future reference. Nevertheless, I put down the $100 reserve. :)

It's growing on me. As was stated above, no other vehicle will be talked about as much. It will turn heads (for better or worse) wherever it's driving or parked. I've always driven vehicles that were a bit "out there". Given the price and specs, I would definitely consider one.

Reactions: Sluggabed
I noticed no side mirrors. Do you think they'll add them? Or is it all cameras?

I also wonder about blind spot visibility -- I till turn around when backing out of a spot.

I also wonder how you see out the rear -- is that bed cover semi-transparent? Or is it all relying on cameras?

I appreciate that Tesla is pushing the boundaries. I won't be buying one but I still applaud them for doing something radically different.

I think it has quite a bit of practical functionality. But the main thing that would keep me from buying it is I'd feel like everyone was looking at me all the time. It's a little TOO bold.

The pics do not paint an accurate picture of its size. Folks that hater it should check out test rides videos, see how it looks from ground level and with people next to it.
Cool factor wise, it beats the Roadster 2020. It's still somewhat strange but it's imposing and bada$$.

Reactions: gavine