Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

OMG that truck is fugly!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
There area reasons behind the design that most of us see in the industry. There is absolutely no way you can install roof racks on an electric vehicle and not have it effect range. I have done a few measurements based off of the model. And yes these are professional Photoshoped images.

You can have a roof rack with multiple ladders up to 12' and it should not effect range very much if at all. It should fit a 12' with no issues. Genius design for contractors.
Tesla truck.png

Last edited:
Being hailed as beautiful? I’m not just talking about looks. I’m talking about the overall idea of pushing boundaries.

You say exception is just AirPods but that’s a huge “exception” considering it’s their best product in the past few years.

Netflix, who the hell wanted to wait a couple days for dvd when they can drive to blockbuster? Streaming? Ha that tech will never make it due to quality issues and tv screen sizes.

You sound like you believe your knowledgeable.

What is the definition of a mass market company?

Do you know how many people said exactly what you said about Tesla as a company?

The part you’re missing here about the poor Delorean comparison is that the specs and tech in this car is significantly more superior than competitors, when also taking into account price point.

I do believe I’m knowledgeable... as much as anyone with respect to Apple and Netflix. I’ve been using Apple products since 1977 beginning with the Apple 2+ and most of their other products since. That doesn’t automatically make me a marketing expert, but I can assure you none of their products were ever introduced with so many people saying “WTF”. A huge number of people literally assumed Elon was trolling everyone and was going to say “just kidding” and roll out the real truck after a few minutes. Nobody ever thought anything remotely like that with AirPods, Netflix, etc., even if they had nitpicks and criticisms.

I am rooting for Tesla and I hope they sell a lot of these trucks. But I think this was a missed opportunity. Im sure they’ll sell many, but something even just slightly less weird looking would sell orders of magnitude more. I can understand the cold rolled steal, the exoskeleton design, and the design language in general. I give them credit for pushing the boundaries and not just making a normal looking truck. But I think the triangle shape is fugly.

I mean, one of the main things Tesla always had going for it versus the Leaf, Bolt, BMW i3, Prius, etc, was that they made good looking cars that just happened to be electric. They were the first company making EVs that weren’t “weird mobiles”. This truck has great technology, great specs, and maybe even a neat design language for a truck, with its hardcore brutalist style. But it’s shaped like a weird-mobile, unfortunately.

Last edited:
Pontiac Aztec sold 50k+ copies. Reservations mean squat. Also, how does one know the reservation number is accurate? It wouldn’t be the first time Tesla lied.

I think they will do well just the same as the model 3.

You want to know the exact accurate reservation numbers? The only way to know that is working for Tesla. The same thing applies to any “revealed” reservations such as Taycan or e-tron.

It's an ugly vehicle, compared to other vehicles. It's ugly compared to other Teslas.

But if you do not compare it to other vehicles and instead think of it like a contemporary sculpture. It's powerful. It's sleek. It's imposing. It makes you uncomfortable, but you're not sure why. It feels like something that should not exist and yet here it is.

The form describes what it is, and is unashamed of being no more than itself.

I like the uneasiness it invokes within me.

It's an ugly vehicle and it's going to look ugly in my driveway.

• Informative
Reactions: Blup85 and Reeler
I think they will do well just the same as the model 3.

You want to know the exact accurate reservation numbers? The only way to know that is working for Tesla. The same thing applies to any “revealed” reservations such as Taycan or e-tron.

I don't think this will sell like the Model 3 AT ALL! Model 3 and Model Y may be boring, normal, looking cars but that's what sells. Most people are resistant to radical change. These trucks will sell to Tesla fanbois, total nerds with an 80s sci-fi fantasy and celebrities, and celebrity wannabes, who just like to draw attention to themselves.

Reactions: Reeler