Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

OMG! This is the final straw...

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I’m guessing so too. I did order my model 3 on the very first day you could order them though, so I’m not sure how much earlier I could have adopted.

Being in California you should have be able to order your car well before the cutoff. What counted was actually ordering the car, not just reserving it. Tesla did announce the date back then and said you needed to order before July 1 to get the unlimited connectivity. They ran it as an end of quarter push to get more orders in. There was quite a bit of discussion here about it at the time.

Edit: looking at your post history, it appears you waited for the SR car before ordering. Unfortunately the promotion was to get folks off the fence and into the LR cars by a certain date vs waiting on the other configs to become available.

Last edited:
Reserved or ordered?

They use both terms in the release. Here is the clarification:

If you purchased your Tesla on or after July 1, 2018 and have an expected Premium Connectivity trial end date on or before December 31, 2019, you will maintain Premium Connectivity until returning to Standard Connectivity on January 1, 2020.

All deliveries of Model 3 Standard Range and Standard Range Plus on or before December 31, 2019 will receive a 30-day complimentary Premium Connectivity trial.

All owners can subscribe to Premium Connectivity from the Tesla Account.

Connectivity PackagesPurchase
Tesla Account.

Note: You may have access to a Premium Connectivity trial for one year beginning on the date of delivery.

If you ordered your car on or before June 30, 2018, you will automatically have access to existing Premium Connectivity features at no cost for the lifetime of the car and do not need to subscribe. As additional features and services become available in the future, you will have the option to upgrade connectivity plans from your Tesla Account.

Who is eligible for a Premium Connectivity subscription?Tesla Account.

How much do Standard Connectivity and Premium Connectivity cost?Tesla Account.

Can I cancel my Premium Connectivity?Tesla Account to adjust your Premium Connectivity subscription.

Can I receive a refund of my Premium Connectivity subscription if I cancel it in between billing cycles?Review the terms and conditions to learn more.

Tesla Account to cancel your subscription. If you trade-in your car, your subscription will be canceled automatically at the time of trade-in.

Learn more about Tesla Account management and how to request an ownership transfer.

Will there be a trial period for Premium Connectivity?Tesla Account.

All deliveries of Model 3 Standard Range and Standard Range Plus on or before December 31, 2019 will receive a 30-day complimentary Premium Connectivity trial.

Order Type Premium Connectivity Trial Eligibility
New orders of Model S, Model X and Model 3 with Premium Interior on or after July 1, 2018 Yes, one year starting from delivery date
New inventory orders on or after July 1, 2018 Yes, one year starting from delivery date
Used car orders on or after July 1, 2018 No
Any car that is sold privately through a third-party, and does not already have Premium Connectivity No

How will I be notified when my Premium Connectivity trial is about to expire?Tesla Account to confirm your Connectivity Package subscription status.

What’s the difference between Wi-Fi and cellular connectivity? Back to Top

[paste:font size="5"]SHARE

Status
Not open for further replies.